12

Min Ho helped Yeon walk into the police station with Mi close behind. They crashed through the doors and went to the front desk, simultaneously setting all of their weapons on display in front of the workers.

"Help." Was all Mi Sun could manage.

The front desk lady was on her feet, now holding a pistol calmly for protection. "Do you need a hospital?" She asked, studying Yeon.

Yeon pushed Min Ho off gently and slapped his hands on the desk. "We're prisoners of Mr. Sun. He runs an illegal mafia operation in Busan about 10 miles out of town. He's holding people who defy him, or don't believe in his beliefs or just want him busted in a prison."

The woman looked around slightly panicked. "Alright. . . Alright uhm... Raphael!" She called.

A man approached and she pulled him aside. After a few minutes of whispering he walked away, calling for squad cars on his walkie talkie. "What are your names?"

"Mi Sun."

"Yeon Jun."

"Min Ho."

They all bowed at their introduction except Yeon who was afraid his weak muscles wouldn't allow him back up. "He has hundreds of men and plenty of weapons. A few squad cars aren't going to do anything."

"I know. Leave that up to us. But just for your reassurance we have swat, helicopter, the whole deal gathering for an emergency meeting. We've been trying to catch him for a while." She took her police vest off, exposing her plaid shirt tucked into tight skinny jeans. "Now I'm going to need you to sign this. And this." She handed to papers to each. "This is for permission to get you to a hospital before questioning. This is for legal stuff. Like if you are found innocent people will help you all find a house, a job, and just help you adapt into-

"We're living together." Mi interrupted, handing her signed papers back. Min Ho and Yeon handed then back shortly after.

"Is there any serious-

"He's a doctor. There's nothing serious." Mi interrupted again.

The officer didn't seem the slightest bit annoyed at the disrespect. She just lead them to a police car and drove silenty.

In the hospital they separated reluctantly in order to get treatment.

7 hours later.

Mi bowed at the doctor who gave her permission to see Min Ho and Yeon. She walked quickly down the hall until see saw the room number and pounded the door eagerly.

"Are you looking for a Do?" The nurse asked.

Mi stared at her confused. "I came in with Min Ho and Yeon Jun."

The doctor let her in and locked the door behind her. "We were told not to let anyone in your rooms. Now that you're all here we'll move your treatment here. We have the hospital on visitor lock down. Police request."

Mi bowed slightly, unable to avert her eyes from Yeon laying in a bed in a hospital gown pulled opened to reveal bloody bandages on his ribs. He had an oxygen tube in his nose and mouth and an iv and blood in his arm. His wrists were in hard casts and his right ankle was too.

"He's just ate... two meals." The nurse giggled at that but turned serious In a snap. "He's severely Mal nourished, dehydrated, and both wrists were dislocated and sprained but his right hand needed surgery to repair a previously broken bone that was left untreated. His foot was broken in 2 different places but appears like it'll heal well. As for his ribs and back, he was whipped and cut quite often. And was thrown around. He has 2 broken ribs. Not to bad. But there was a knife blade that needed to be surgical removed in his lower rib area. Finally, he has a minor Concussion." The nurse explained with all seriousness.

"Mi. Come on." Min ho insisted.

Mi shook her head. "I don't want to hurt him."

The nurse waited a few seconds before excusing herself. "He's OK. Just come here."

Mi approached cautiously. He ended up pulling her into him to quicken her pace. "I promise. It's not bad"

"When. Will he wake up?"

"In a few hours. Just rest here until then." Min ho forced her into a seat by Yeons bed and gently laued his hand in hers. "You're both being responsible and not dating I know. But if you love each other don't hold back. Now I just gave my brother to you so don't fuck up." He whispered.

Mi smiled as she blushed. "It took me a half a year to realize that."

"That you liked him?" Min ho pulled a seat up next to her.

"Yeah. It was when I was first moved into my father's custody again. And I kept thinking about the things he said to me. He once said I could Still love Zay, even if I love him. Then I realized he was always there for me. Even before Zay died he would ask how I was doing when we passed in the halls and I was such a bitch but. . . He's my everything. I realize that now. I wouldn't be alive without him." She paused. "I thought it was pity at first. But I couldn't stop wishing he was right next to me. Protecting me. Making me love myself again. Having panic attacks so I could take care of him. I wanted everything. Even his problems. And it didn't matter how hard I tried telling myself to forget him. That he was dead. Because I wouldn't believe myself."

Min ho hugged Mi tightly. He took her other hand that wasn't holding Yeons and leaned against the bed. "You know he's pretty flirtatious. Are you sure he's not manipulating you? He almost made me like him. Me! A girl magnet."

Mi laughed. "He tried that. It doesn't work on me."

"Ooh. What'd he do? Tell me more." Min ho insisted.