What Is That?

I woke up the day after my prank at the park and headed off to Ether Engine Factory to work til lunch time. When I got there there was a group of people I've never seen before near the door. My boss walked over to me and lead me over to the group of people. It was a group of people from The Forge!! They gave me a time crystal with 69420 years on it! I then demonstrated how I got the artificial gems to form and work. They were all stunned by it since they were using glass or pure mana.

After that I began to start to make small crystals about the size of tomatoes. My boss looked confused as I somewhat mass produced them. Once I was done making a few hundred thousand of them I put them in a box and headed to my other job. Once there I went to my corner of the shop where I had a Silhouette Gear I have been working on. First thing I did was strip it back to the frame and started to rewire it. Using Crystal Wires and my special Crystal Catalysts I put the wiring and mini ether engine in place.

After my custom wiring was done and I made sure the crystals wouldn't move I start to check the flow of mana. The flow was stronger, more pure, and uniform throughout my wiring. I smirked and put on the shielding I had on it previously before I hopped in to test it. The change was not obvious at first as I kept the gear off and just used my muscles to move to the testing field. When I started the small engine the results were beyond what I was expecting.

The gear began to move twice as fast as a full speed top grade one. I barely was using any of the engine too. After that I got onto the treadmill to test speed and generate backup electricity when needed. I should have made sure it wasn't on generator mode before I hopped on and started running. I went faster than Ernestis horse type Silhouette Knight and withing a few minutes blew all the wiring in the forge. The head mechanic came out, saw what I was doing and yelled, "What the fuck are you doing?!?! You just destroyed the wiring!!"

I jumped off the treadmill out of shock. Honestly I shouldn't have jumped so hard but he scared me. I touched the clouds and if I didn't activate the air jets to slow me down there would be a massive crater. My landing did still make a loud bang and my second boss came flying out, "What the fuck is going on out here?!?!" When the dust cleared he saw my gear without the metal casing he yelled, "What is that?! Guys a beast broke in!!"

"Boss it's me! This is a test of something I thought of. It's a success but I accidentally destroyed the wiring and the testing ground with it. I'm sorry I should have double checked the treadmill." I bowed in the suit and nearly sent my head into the ground. After catching myself and putting more dents in the training zone I turned off the engine and got out of the suit. My boss and all the engineers began to look it over in shock. I noticed lots of damage to the frame and the damage I've did to the covering which made me look like a glowing demon beast.

I started my muttering and working on upgrades to fix the frail metals without needing to buy mithril or other strong metals. My boss snapped me out of it and asked where I got all the tomato sized Catalyst Crystals. I had to explain I made them but I promised The Forge not to tell anyone. When I mentioned that they all nodded and went back to work wondering how to implement and improve my wiring. After cleaning up my mess I fixed the wiring and got to work on my ideas.

After a few hours of smelting metal with Crystal Wires and making sockets for my artificial Catalyst Crystals I tested them. The few batches I made all failed. Some would explode, a couple turned to dust, and one crumpled itself up after I tapped it with my nail. I gave up for the day and headed home with a headache as I try to figure out the problem. My wiring made it too stronger for normal metals but it's not cost effective to make the giant Silhouette Knights out of Mithril. Oh well, I will deal with that tomorrow after class.