Chapter 5

I'm back! Welp, nothing much to say except enjoy Chapter 5 of True Potential!

_______________________________________________________________________

Naruto groaned as he and his team were painting another house. He knew D-ranks were boring, but COME ON! These are bloody chores! How could they get stronger and prepare for the next Chunin Exams if they were gonna do chores 24/7?!

"And done." Kakashi said, before his team appeared in front of him, Naruto had an angry look, Ino a bored look and Sasuke an indifferent look, but his frustration could be seen from miles.

"How many more of these CANCEROUS chores before we get an actual mission?!" Naruto shouted at Kakashi, who simply shrugged.

"Ion know. Let's go give our report and ask Iruka." Kakashi simply responded in his usual bored and lazy tone.

The four Konoha Shinobi started walking towards the office.
"So, whiskers, what do you think will be our first C-rank?" Asked a curious Ino.
"Hmmm. I don't know. Probably we'll have to escort someone or wipe out a camp pf bandits. Not too difficult if I'm dead honest."
"It doesn't really sound that bad." Ino replied.
"Why did we have to do those D-ranks and why do we have to do them?"
Before Naruto could respond, Kakashi butted in.
"Well, D-ranks are created to build teamwork and communication between teams. Not every team has the courtesy of the Shinobi in it to know each other properly. After completing a certain amount of missions, teams are able to go on C-ranks, which can go in one of many ways." He said, but before he could continue, Naruto interrupted him.
"He means that C-ranks can remain C-ranks, or depending in the situation can become as far as A-rank, but it wouldn't be a surprise for a C-rank to become an S-rank mission." Naruto said. This grabbed Sasuke's attention.
"Hn. (A-rank to S-rank missions you say?)"
"Hn. (Yup!)"
"...interesting." Ino and Kakashi were shocked. Sasuke said something that wasn't "hn."?! Impossible!
"Alright you Sasuke impostor, take that mask off and show us who you are." Ino commanded
"Ino-chan, it's the actual Sasuke y'know. I can sense chakra better than even Kakashi here."
"Kakashi-Sensei to you brat."
"Is that so?" Naruto stopped before tapping the ground, creating a Morse Code.
"Icha icha, you...Anko. Reveal to world." Kakashi managed to pick up as he shook his head in defeat and kept walking.
"Anyways. Sasuke. How has your training been going?"
"Hn. (I hate this man.) It's going well Kakashi."
"Tch. It's Kakashi-Sensei to you teme."
"Shut up dobe."
"Both of you stop." Kakashi and Ino said in unison, as the two boys stopped arguing."

They kept walking a but in silence before thwy made it to the building:
"Alright guys. We're here." Kakashi said as he knocked on the door.
"Come in!" Was what was heard from the other side of the door.

Kakashi opened the door and greeted the Hokage with a bow, as did Sasuke and Ino when they walked in, but Naruto simply waved.
"Yo Jiji!" Was the only thing Naruto said before he was met by one of Ino's brutal punches.

"OW! What was that for?"
"How can you address Sandaime-Sama that way?"
"It's okay Ino-san. I let him call me that, we're like family," The Third said to defuse the situation, to which Ino simply laughed sheepishly and rubbed the back of her head.

"Oh...uhhh, well sorry I guess!" She apologized for making a scene.

"Geez those two are like Tsuna and Jiraiya, only actually a couple, I hope that doesn't mean-" the old man mentally shook his head at the horrible thought he was having. But he didn't fully hide it, his eyebrows slightly twitched, which went unnoticed by everyone but Kakashi.