The Chunin Exam Finals begin.

Last time on true potential:

"As predetermined in the previous phase, may Sabaku no Temari and Nara Shikamaru step forth?" And as the two Shinobi did, it was time for the Exam Finals to commence.

The match would play out in the same way as in canon, with Shikamaru finding a way to trap Temari in his Shadow Possession jutsu before then forfeiting, much to his friends' annoyance,

"That moron...why did he have to take so much from you Shikaku?" Yoshino Nara, Shika's mother sighed as she placed her palm in front of her face.

Kage box.

"I believe the Nara boy showed great prowess when it comes to battle, despite forfeiting. I'm sure that he'll be a great leader, and hence I'm suggesting his promotion to Chunin." Hiruzen was the first to speak, as the Raikage and Kazekage both nodded.

"Onoki? What do you thi-" hiruzen was cut off by Onoki's hand, shushing him. Taking no offense to it, the Sandaime Hokage smiled and leaned back on his chair.

"I certainly believe he's got good prowess, but perhaps his laziness will be his downfall in battle." The Tsuchikage said skeptically.

"That is indeed true, yet his father, Shikaku Nara has proved to be an even lazier shinobi than his son showed and that didn't stop him from making a name for himself in the previous war." The Hokage said wisely, before eyeing the Kazekage carefully.

"Just when will you strike Orochimaru...will it be when Naruto faces Gaara? Or before that?" Hiruzen would think, still keeping a neutral expression.

A had been informed by his brother of the predicament with the Hidden Sand, and after careful consideration and plenty of talking with his Assistant, A decided that Kumo would stand with Konoha...though only he and Bee knew that as of now.

Meanwhile, Ōnoki had found out himself about the oncoming invasion from Han. The man had been acting differently for some time and kept giving him clues about the invasion. Sharing a glance with Hiruzen, the old Tsuchikage understood everything.

"So it IS Orochimaru who is invading Konoha with Suna...well...Konoha isn't the aggressor...and siding with a missing nin as dangerous and treacherous as Orochimaru would ruin Iwa's reputation even farther...perhaps...very well...you've got yourself an ally you old Monkey." Ōnoki thought, and couldn't resist the smirk on his face from appearing.

"Something funny, Tsuchikage-Dono?" Kazekage asked the old man, whose smirk grew wider.

"I saw how they looked at each other," a perverted giggle escape Hiruzen, much to A and Ōnoki's amusement. "It seems that those two may broker peace between Konoha and Suna in the future. Maybe even establish a solid alliance like Konoha and Uzushiogakure when Hashirama Senju married Mito Uzumaki." Ōnoki, said, oblivious to who stood next to Jiraiya.

"Let's hope it doesn't end like Konoha and Uzushio's alliance." A voice from behind Hiruzen said, diverting everyone's attention to him.

"Who may you b-" Kazekage was interrupted by Hiruzen who pointed at the arena.

"Look, it seems like the contestants of the second match are about to begin."

At the Arena.

"Will Ino Yamanaka and Yugito Nii step up?" Gekko Hayate called. The man was still alive, because they had already gotten intel on Suna and Otogakure's invasion, so he never went to spy on Kabuto.

As the two Kunoichi stepped down on the Arena, they both performed the Seal of Confrontation before Gekko even asked if they were ready, making the three actual Kage raise an eyebrow.