Chapter 1

Run. That's all I could think. Run until I can't anymore. What was it called? A demon? Yes, I believe that's what it was. Mom and dad used to fight them all the time, they were exorcists. That was up until my Father got possessed by Satan himself. That demon killed my mom and burned our house down. In order to save me, he killed himself. I just managed to escape those blue flames. All i had left of them was my mothers wedding ring, i always wore it.

I hear a growl behind me, pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked back, it was getting closer. As I turn back around, I collide with a tall man, quite a peculiar one at that. He had deep purple hair and forest green eyes, wearing a white suit, robe, top hat, purple gloves, pink stripped pants, and brown boots. He looked almost like a clown.

Looking up from me to the demon, he stepped in front of me.

He held up his pink umbrella, "Eins, Zwei, Drei!" he said. Before I could get up, my head starts to spin and my vision began to blur. With that, I was out cold.

~~

I slowly opened my eyes, looking around I see I'm in a bedroom. The room was scattered with pink and white decors. I'll be honest it was quite nice for such an uncommon color scheme.

"You're awake!" The purple haired man barged in through the doors. I jumped slightly, not expecting him. I wouldn't say I'm surprised this is his room, it looks quite fitting for him. He seemed overly energetic.

He walks over to the side of the bed, "Who are you?" I ask backing up. He looked down at me.

"Ah, my apologies. Johan Faust V, you may just call me Mephisto Pheles," he bows taking his top hat off, "and you are?" He smiles warmly.

"Y/N L/N" I reply. I guess he might not be so bad, he seems nice despite his clownish looks.  He hands me a small cup filled with a pink liquid. I look at it questioningly.

"It's pain medicine, I unfortunately ran out of aloe after trying to heal you." Mephisto explains. I take the cup and down it. I guess it's not as bad as the medicine I bought at the convenience store. That tastes like shit. He left the room after, to do work or something I assume. I lay down to rest when suddenly Mephisto barges in again.

"I forgot to ask Miss L/N, would you like to attend True Cross Academy and the Cram School?" He offers. True Cross? Cram school? I'm pretty sure that's where my parents went when they were exorcists in training. They said one day I could be just as good as them. I always felt the need to avenge their death.

"Sure, I'll attend." I answer, "Wait, how are you going to get me in?" I ask. It's not like he's the director or something.

"Oh, yes, I'm the director of the Academy." He states happily. Ok I take that back.

"Oh, ok then." I respond.

"Splendid!" He says and leaves. He seems overly excited and energetic now, there's something about him that makes him seem childish.  It was interesting but something gives me the feeling he's not always like this.

~The Next Day~

I wake up again in the same room as before. I should probably leave today. I don't want to bother him, I am in his bed after all. I push the covers off and slide out of bed. Rubbing my eyes, I see a pile of clothes on a chair with a note on it. I pick up the note and read it:

It's yours
-MP

For a man who's always wearing a clown outfit, his fashion sense was pretty good. It was black jeans, a belt, and a cream colored turtle neck. I put the outfit on and walked out. I wandered around for a while until I found the living room where Mephisto was. His house was quite big. He was sitting on the couch watching an anime show, oblivious to who was standing behind him. Quietly and quickly, I snatch his top hat from his head.

"Ee!" He jumped up and turned around, "What was that for?" He pouted. I noticed there was a swirl of hair that was hidden under his hat. I giggled at that.

"Nothing." I respond, "Anyways, thank you for taking care of me, but I'll be leaving now. I'd hate to bother you." He looked sad slightly but tried to hide it with his usual expression.

"Actually, I was hoping you'd stay. You are going to be attending True Cross tomorrow anyways." He states. He looks at me expectingly.

"Tomorrow?!" I almost yell.

"Why yes, when did you think you'd start?"

"I don't know, in a few days? I just didn't think tomorrow."

"Hm. Well it is, so be ready darling." He says in a playful tone. Ugh, to think he was nice. Great, I'll be staying here with a weirdo.

"Alright fine." I sigh. Just wonderful.