Chapter 12

"I-Who are you?" I fully turn around to the girl standing in my midst.

"Oh, um, I'm Viridus, Viridus Pheles." She smiles politely. Viridus Pheles? That's Mephisto's last name? Could she be related to him?

"Say, are you Mephisto's sister?" I question. She looks surprised for a moment and then laughs. I stare at her in confusion.

"My apologies, Miss..."

"Y/N."

"Y/N, My apologies Miss Y/N, but I'm actually his daughter." His daughter? Huh, well her and her father definitely share a similar fashion sense. Wait, if that's his daughter then doesn't that mean he has a wife? Or at least a girlfriend?

My heart sank at the realization. How could he not tell me? I sigh and just try to forget about that.

"Oh wow, really?" I ask.

"Yes, and in case your wondering, my mother isn't around anymore." She looks the side.

"What do you mean?" Did she leave?

"Well, my mother was actually a human, though she had a terrible disease so she passed away a few centuries ago." She said softly.

"Oh I'm sorry for your loss." I say. She just nods her head in thanks.

"I'll be going now, thank you." She mumbles and walks away. I feel sorry for the poor girl, her mother died and she probably hasn't seen her father in decades.

I put the stuffed rabbit back in the box and close the lid. Looking up, I notice Kashi standing by the doorway.

"What." I ask coldly. She smirks and scoffs as she stands up from the doorframes.

"Still mad? Y'know it's not me who said that." I roll my eyes, is she serious?

"Yeah but in case you forgot, you are the reason I'm even here." I argue putting an emphasis on the you. She smiles at my irritation.

"Ight, sugar, whatever you say." She turns around and leaves. What a bitch.

~Mephisto~

I sigh as I walk out on the Vatican. After all that arguing this situation is nothing more than a mere incident to them? A student taken from MY establishment, and under MY watch, is just a mere incident? I'm beyond furious with them.

I open my car door and take a seat, "Belial."

He jumps slightly at my sudden aggression, "Yes, Sir Pheles?"

"Please take me home, I have very important business to attend to." I demand. He starts driving without hesitation.

Staring out the window, I wonder what she's doing there. For all I know she could have run off to god knows where. Perhaps she's found my room.

Wait a minute, if she did then she'd had to of met Viridus. Shit, that's probably going to take a bit of explaining to do.

Viridus isn't much of a talker so she'd probably run off before Y/N could even ask anything. Though it's a rare occurrence if she does take a liking to her.

~~

After arriving home, I immediately head down to my basement. I flick to light switch on and look around. I haven't been here in ages, everything was covered in dust.

I rummaged around looking for what I haven't needed in decades. Where could it be? I searched for a few minutes but eventually I spotted it sitting in a corner. Finally.

Picking up the small, wooden box, old memories flood into my mind. Ones I'd hoped to forget long ago.

~Assiah 5/18/1662~

I saw through to see him holding her by the collar, holding a flame to her face. He was going to kill her.

Without thinking, I throw a bead down watching as the gate opens. I then go through to see him almost about to kill the one I loved.

"LET HER GO, THIS INSTANT." I screamed, tears streaming down my face, my throat sore from screaming. I couldn't believe him.

"No! I refuse to have MY son be involved with a mere human." He says in a demanding tone. I reach out to take her back but I was too slow for him.

"Please! Just let her go! I'll do anything! Just don't hurt her. Please.." I cry out, the pain holding a tighter grasp on my heart. She was the first I'd ever fell for, I promised I wouldn't let anything happen to her. I poured my heart out to her. She made me feel what it's like to be human. I love her.

"Fine, I'll release her but do you are to never see her again, and NEVER come back to Gehenna. Do you understand?!" He demands. I nod my head in reluctance. As long she'll be safe, I'd do whatever.

Little that I knew, due to the time being down there, she soon developed a special type of myasthma. A few years later she passed away.

~~

I open the box carefully to reveal a bright blue, glass bead.