Chapter 7

I wake up and pull the covers off. My eyes start to adjust. Looking around I notice that everything is fixed and cleaned up. He must've done it while I was asleep. I'm not sure how he did it without waking me though.

I get up and put on my uniform. I was still half asleep and almost put my shirt on backwards.

~

I walk into the kitchen and see Shura there, yet again, holding a can of beer. I sigh.

"Do you ever stop drinking?" I ask. She turns to me and shakes her head.

I eat and finish breakfast and get in the car. I'm assuming Mephisto was already there since he wasn't in here.

It was awkward during the ride. Silence was the only thing heard besides Shura drinking her beer.

My phone went off, I took a look to see who it was. Mephisto asked if I wanted to come and watch Kashi's questioning after school.

Mephisto: 'Would you like to come see Miss
                  Hokashi's questioning?'
                 'After school, that is.'

Y/N: 'Sure I'll be there'
         'What time?'

Mephisto: '4:00, sharp.'

Y/N: 'Ok, thanks'

Mephisto: 'Your welcome.'

I turn off my phone and see we're already at the Academy. I get out with Shura, thank Belial, and head off.

~~

"Hey, Y/N!" Rin calls, running up to me.

"Hello, Rin." I reply.

"Are you ok from yesterday?" He asks. I nodded my head.

Yukio comes in and we all sit down. He announces that the exwire exams are approaching so we should prepare. I'm pretty sure I'm ready for them, I studied for it.

I look over and see Rin falling asleep again. Typical.

~~

Nothing special happened in class, it was boring as usual.

I remembered Shura was with me here. I don't know where she went, probably to go get a can of booze or beer.

I look at my phone and see the time, 3:16. I should probably find Shura and go. I get up and leave the classroom. Looking down the halls I don't see anyone.

I feel a tap on my back, "Are you looking for something?" Yukio asks.

"Yeah, I'm looking for Shura." I answer. He pointed down the hall to Mephisto's office.

"She might be in there. His office is connected to the teachers lounge, so Shura would probably be in there." He suggested. I nod my head and thank him. She's always off somewhere.

I walk down to his office to find her. I thought she was supposed to be watching me, but I suppose she has more "important" matters.

Going into his office, I notice it's been cleaned up and reorganized. I also see that the door is slightly ajar. It's probably her in there.

Through the door, I see Shura and Mr. Tsubaki having a conversation.

"Hey, Shura," I call. She turns around and waves, "We're supposed to go now, you ready?" She nods her head, says goodbye to him, and leaves.

~~

We arrive at the Vatican and head to the courtroom. I see Mephisto waiting for us at the door. Noticing us, he walked over.

"Hello, Miss Y/N and Ms. Kirigakure," He greets, "You're early." I look down at my phone, 3:54. Huh, he's right, it's fine though. Better than being late I suppose.

"Yes, so it should be starting in 6 minutes." I say. We all go inside and wait.

I see Kashi chained to a metal pole connected to the podium. Angel standing next to her, sword in hand. As well as a few other senior exorcists. The jury was all talking amongst themselves waiting for the trial to begin.

It's nerve wracking considering she could break out of her chains at any moment if she could use her magic. There's a special charm here so no one is allowed to use it. It makes me feel more vulnerable though, I'm not sure if that's just me.

A grey haired man with small round glasses walked up into a small box next to the Grigori.

He banged a mallet down onto the table, "SILENCE!" He shouted. Everyone's chatter halted to a stop. No noise was heard.

"Today we are here for Sayori Hokashi's Trial and Questioning. She is a demon that has infiltrated True Cross Academy, endangering those on the premises. Not only that, but has destroyed the property of Johann Faust V, in attempts to kidnap a student, Y/N L/N." He announces. I swallow at the sound of my name. Everyone in the room turns to face me. Its uncomfortable with all their eyes on me. My face slowly turns pink from the attention.

"Now, Ms. Sayori. What is your purpose here on Assiah?" He asks. Sayori lifts her head to look at him. Her eyes seemed to burn holes into his head with her glare.

"I'm here to take back my cousin." She answers. Everyone gasps, they all turn back to me. I wasn't related to this woman. At least I think. No, I'm not, I've never seen her in my entire life. Not once.

"Do you believe that Miss Y/N is your cousin?" One of the Grigori questions.

"No, I don't believe she is. I know she is." She scoffs. This woman's an idiot. I'm not related to her. I turn to see Mephisto giving me a questioning look. I sigh.

"And do you have any proof of this currently?" Sayori shakes her head.

"I see. We've heard you're here in regards of another. Will you tell us who that is?" She stays silent for a moment.

"No." She says simply. I see Angel glaring at her, gripping his sword tighter.

"Well do you at least know who this person or demon is?" She nods. Angel is almost fed up with her now.

"He's a demon. That's all I can say." She admits. No one says anything as the Grigori have a quick discussion. We all wait with lingering anticipation.

"So if both of you are demons, then, if Miss Y/N really is related to you, she is a demon as well?" A female member asks. 

"Yes, she is," She replies. Now it was dead silent. Not even a pin dropping was heard, "Y/N is my cousin, and she is a demon. She was born in Gehenna. She is part of a highly respected and powerful family there. However, when she was 5, she wondered off to Satan's domain. There, she met Lucifer. Lucifer isn't the smartest, so he decided to show her around Assiah, saying one of his older brothers lived here. But while he was there, Y/N ran off and Lucifer lost her." She explained.

I noticed Mephisto staring at me, his face slightly pink.

"What is it, Mephisto?" I worry. He's usually so calm so it's unusual for this to happen.

"Mephisto Pheles! Did you have any idea of these events when it happened?" The judge asked.

Mephisto shook his head in response, "I was unaware of this." Why would they ask him of all people? Was there something I didn't know?

"Y/N," Mephisto turns back to me, "There's something I'd like to tell you after we leave." He whispers. So there was something I didn't know. By the looks of it everyone else knows already.

How many things do I not know about this man?