Chapter 9

It's been about a week since the whole thing about him being a demon. I haven't been speaking to him as often since I'm still a bit shaken up by it. I don't think I should be though, I've been living with him for a while so it should be ok. Besides, the Vatican is ok with it.

It's the weekends again, I have to study for the exams too. They said it'll be next week at some point.

I couldn't sleep at all because of that. I sigh, what a night. I pull off the covers and get out of bed.

I feel the cold floors under me as I walk to the kitchen. It's quiet, nothing was heard except the cicadas outside.

I grabbed a glass of water and filled it up. Taking a sip, I see a tall figure to my side.

"What are you doing up?" I put the glass down and turn to see who it was. Oh, it's Mephisto.

"Oh, I couldn't sleep." I respond. He doesn't say anything as he walks up to me. Now I could see him better. He was wearing the same, lose yukata from a few weeks ago, except exposing a bit more of his chest. His hair somewhat damp from a shower.

"And why is that?" He asks. My cheeks flush slightly, thankfully it was dark so he couldn't see though. I move my gaze back to the cup on the counter.

"I had a few thing on my mind. I was also kind of thirsty." I whisper. It's silent for a moment.

"I see..." He mumbles. I look back at him, his expression blank. His forest green eyes gazing into mine with his lips slightly parted. He slowly raises his hand holds the side of my head. I could feel the warmth of his hands through his lavender gloves.

The air escapes from my lungs as he leans in closer to me. Is he-?

His lips suddenly collide with mine. He gives me a gentle yet passionate kiss. It's feels perfect with his soft lips against mine.

Just as I begin to give in, he suddenly pulls away. His face visibly red.

He clears his throat, "I-I, um, I apologize. Please forgive my impulsiveness." I open my mouth to say something but he swiftly turns away and leaves.

Guilt wells up in my stomach, did I do something wrong? It felt so perfect with him so close to me. To feel him against me. His warm, gloves hands hold me.

I take a deep breath and try to calm myself down. Once I do, I take my glass of water and bring it back to my room.

I sit down on my bed as I gently place it on the nightstand. Staring at the floor, the events of before flood my mind. His gentleness, his lips, his gestures. They were all so perfect. I loved every moment of it. If only if it would've lasted longer.

I pull the covers over and fall back to sleep again.

~Next Morning~

I stay lying in my bed as the sunlight from the window seeps through my eyelids. I roll over to the other side so I could sleep easier.

As I roll over I feel something on my bed. I open my eyes to see who it is. Rubbing them, I finally make out a woman's figure. A woman?

"Hey, sleepy head." She says. It took me a minute but I finally recognized the voice.

I jolted up to see Kashi sitting on my bed with a pocky stick in her mouth. (if you don't know what it is it's like a chocolate covered biscuit stick thing, google it).

"This shits actually pretty good." She says as she bites one off. I back away from her.

"How'd you get here?" I demand. She laughs at me.

"I just broke out of that damn cell. It wasn't hard." She says calmly. How? She was being held in the Great Cell.

"Well why are you here?" I ask. She sighs.

"Lotta questions don't you think?"

"Just answer already." I mumble. She just looks at me for a minute.

"To take you home." My heart skips a beat as she says that.

"W-What?" Before I could react, she clouds my vision with her smoke and soon I was out cold.

~Mephisto~

I return home remembering I forgot something. I open the door and head upstairs.

As I head up, I could sense something. Something familiar. It certainly wasn't Y/N, I would know if it was.

I walk down the hall to her room and see dark smoke seeping out from under her door. My heart almost stops when I realize who's it belongs to.

I run in almost breaking the door. Looking around, I realize I'm already too late. No, no, no, no. This can't be happening.

I run through the house opening every door. I looked everywhere, but she was no where to be found.

I fall onto the couch in defeat. Taking a deep breath, I think of where she could possibly be.

Wait, was she in Gehenna? Miss Hokashi did claim she was supposed to be there. I suppose I'll start there then. I need to inform the Vatican of this first though.