Chapter 6

I close the door and go to my room. Today was certainly eventful. Midway there, I here soft footsteps behind me. Judging by them, I already know who they belong to.

"Hello, Y/N. You were gone for quite a while." I turn to see Mephisto. I suppose he's right, it's 4:57p.m. right now. I'm typically back here at around 3:30.

"Oh, yes, I was with Shiemi and Ms. Kirigakure." I answer. He nods and leaves.

I flop down on my bed and pull out my phone.

One missed call

It was my so-called brother. I wondered what he wanted then. I was about to put my phone away until he called again. Damn, I really didn't want to talk to him right now, or ever for that matter.

I press answer, "Hello?"

"Oh, wow, you answered." He chuckled. I sigh in irritation. God I'm fed up with him.

"Shut up. What do you want." I get straight to the point.

"Ok, ok. Straight to it I see," He sighs, "Well..." There was a long silence.

"Well, what!? Spill it!" I demand. I hear him jump slightly on the other end.

"Well, we found you!" He cheers. I listen to him laughing as I feel my heart drop. No, this can't happen. It's only been a week. Plus, this isn't even my own house! How could they find me? I feel my heart rate grow faster, and my forehead start to sweat. In denial, I hang up the phone. Tears start to build up in my eyes and my breathing staggers. I'm scared.

I pick up a pillow on my bed and slam it on the ground. I screamed in frustration. The tears now rolling down the sides of my cheeks. Rage starts overwhelming me.

"What happened!? Why are you crying!?" Mephisto barges in slamming the door to the wall. He runs over to me and held my face up with his hands.

He kneels down, "Tell me. What's wrong?" Why did he seem to care so much if he doesn't know what even happened? My tears stain his lavender gloves as they wipe away my tears. They were warm against my face.

I gently pull his hands away from me, "I'm scared, Mephisto." I whisper. His expression seems to become more worried.

"Why?" He asks softly.

"They found me." His eyes widen, "They found us." I say. He stands up and leaves my room without saying a word. Next thing I hear him on the phone with someone. After some talking, he hangs up and comes back.

"Shura and Yukio will be coming to watch you as me and some other exorcists try and see if we can find them, ok?" He explained. I nod my head slowly.

~~

Shura and Yukio finally arrive and Mephisto leaves.

"Hello Y/N." Yukio comes and sits next to me. I look to seen him smiling at me.

"Hello, Yukio." I say. Shura comes in and pulls a chair up, sitting on it backwards. In her other hand she's holding a sword.

"Hey, kid." She says, "You shouldn't have anything to worry about, they'll find em." I stay silent and just nod. Hopefully they do, I don't want them to hurt any of my friends to get to me. I could never forgive myself if that happened.

"Actually, I've never been here before." Yukio states.

"Really?" I ask. He nods in response. I turn back to see Shura chugging another can of beer.

"What the hell, where'd you get that!?" She stops and looks at me.

"A vending machine?" She's clearly drunk. I sigh. For being the chief of the Japan Branch she's obviously not very professional.