Chapter 13

I open my eyes to see a familiar, red tinted landscape. I was back, back in Gehenna. I shuddered at the thought of it, returning to where I once thought was home.

I turn around to see I was standing on the balcony of my room. Pushing the door open, I see my old room, and to the left, none other than her, Viridus. Her back was towards me, washing her hands at the sink. I smile at the sight of her, I hadn't seen her in centuries and I was always feeling guilty about it.

In front of me, across the bed, I see the door slightly ajar. Could Y/N have been here? Perhaps. I decided not to worry about that for that moment and to finally talk to my daughter after all these years.

I quietly step inside and shut the door. While closing it, it made a soft sound, but loud enough to hear. Shit, I kinda wanted that to be a surprise. With that, Viridus quickly to turns around to lock eyes with her father.

"I-uh-F-Father!?" She stutters frantically, stunned to see her father after so many centuries. I see her eyes well up, and a tear roll down her cheek.

"Hello, Vi, it's nice to see you again." I smile as she runs over and hugs me. I wrap my arms around her
and close my eyes.

"Your hands are still wet you know." I laugh a bit. Realizing this, she lets go and laughs as well while shaking off her hands.

"Sorry about that," She apologizes, "But...it-it's so great to see you again! I mean, after all these years I almost thought you'd abandoned me, but I knew you'd come back." She looks at me with a smile.

"Of course, dear, I would never abandon you. Your my one and only daughter, I love you very much Viridus, always remember that." I cup her face with my hands and kiss her forehead.

"I love you too, father." She says softly as she brings us into another embrace.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, I finally am with you again, after all these years.

sorry this chapters short lmao