Fire Queen

I never went home. My sister will only hear stories of me and see me in art depictions that are sent out to the nation. I do get letters from mom, but that was the last day I saw or heard from my father. I sit in the garden one of my rare moments of silence. For a moment I forget where I am, who I am, I am Honna Jiang betrothed to the Fire Prince Zuko future Fire Queen. I fall back onto the grass pretending to be my age I am only 10 years old, but I have more responsibly than most adults.

"Feeling overwhelmed?" I heard a gentle motherly voice say causing me to jump from my comfortable state. I open my eyes to see the Fire Queen Ursa, "my lady, I apologize." I tell her in a hurried voice "there's no need to apologize dear. I remember when I was first betrothed to Firelord Ozai, I was much older than you but I was terrified and sad. The stress of the responsibility of training to be Fire Queen was overwhelming." She told me and for the first time, I truly saw the Fire Queen. It was the first time since coming here I felt like someone understood me.

"This garden is beautiful but I know one better." She said giving a wink she stood and reached a handout for me to take, and after a moment of hesitation, I took it. She guided me to a small Oasis there was a pond filled with turtle ducks, an old willow tree, and lilies beautiful lilies. She didn't stop she entered into the lily's and continued walking down a path only a few knew and stopped in the middle of a meadow. I had never seen it before and I'm sure few had, it was far from the palace but you could hear someone called out to you. I was mesmerized by its beauty.

"It's called the Fire Queen's garden, you can come here whenever you need a break, but sadly it can't change fate." She tells me hiding a trace of sadness before she did as I did earlier laying in the flowers relaxing. I couldn't help but follow suit. Ursa became my best friend in the palace like a mother. Sadly a year later she vanished, and the garden and a boy with amber eyes is all I had left.