East

Zuko and I see the ship from the report nearly abandoned. I furrow my brows at the ship, once we finally make it on board I head to find someone who knows what happened. I notice a guard from the engine room and I approach him. "Do you know what happened here?" I quiz gesturing out to the coal-covered ship "the Avatar and his friends encouraged a rebellion. They tossed any guards or Fire Nation personnel overboard," he explained.

"Why didn't they toss you?" I ask raising an eyebrow "I went down to the engine room to hide after the fight broke out. I'm not a bender and I can't swim," he told me and I nodded "Thank you for telling me what you know," I say and go to Zuko who is looking around the deck for clues of any kind. "Find anything?" I ask approaching him, he opens up his hand to reveal a necklace. A water tribe necklace to be exact, "it's one of the Avatar's friends. Now only if we could find that Shirshu of yours," Zuko joked.

"We'll find one, and then we'll find them," I tell him with a smile looking out at the horizon with him. He grabs my hand the only thing separating our palms is the necklace. We don't waste time staying on the abandoned ship and quickly make our way back to our own. "What direction should we sail in?" I ask as I sort through numerous maps and charts looking for any sign of direction. "East," Zuko states slamming his finger down on a point on the map, "why?" I question "when we pulled out some of the guards they stated he was heading east," He told me.

"Okay, so we'll go east, sail till morning. Then we'll need to stop, the crew has shown that with recovery time they work at a faster pace," I instruct Zuko and he nods agreeing with me. I mark the map before turning to leave "I'll instruct the captain, goodnight Zuko," I tell him but he grabs my hand when I pass by him. "Am I sleeping alone tonight?" Zuko asks me and I can feel the blush rise to my cheeks. I try to push down the nerves from that one question "Zuko... I think sleeping alone would be for the best. If someone were to catch us... It's just not smart," I tell him and he drops my hand.

I leave the map room without another word, and I try to push Zuko out of my mind. He knows I'm right and that's going to have to be enough for now. Once I inform the captain I go back to my room when I open the door I see Zuko standing inside. "Zuko, what are you doing?" I ask him shutting the door behind me "I thought I could read to you tonight," he tells me before holding up the book he left in my room. I smile at him "that sounds pretty good," I tell him as we sit together on the bed as he begins reading the book.

I lean my head back on his shoulder and close my eyes. I listen to his soothing voice as I slip into sleep.