Crescent-Shaped Island

"I don't understand Iroh, why didn't commander Zhao arrest us?" I ask as I watch Zuko struggle with the same question as his hands grip the bars under his hands. "Because he wants to follow you. He knows you'll lead him to the prize you're all after, the Avatar," Iroh explains to us "if Zhao wants to follow our trail of smoke, then that's exactly what I'll let him do," Zuko explains before heading towards the smaller dingy boat. "We'll take the smaller boat to lead Zhao off of our path," Zuko explains as he assists me onto the boat.

As the boat begins to be let down into the water Zuko says "Uncle, keep heading North. Zhao will follow the smoke trail, while we use it as a cover," Iroh shakes his head unsure if he trusts this plan. Obviously still not agreeing with our choice to continue into the Fire Nation. "What do you think his plan is?" I ask but Zuko scoffs "does it matter? All I know is we need to get to him," Zuko explains. I nod and attempt to push the curiosity out of my head. When we arrive on the shore of the crescent-shaped island Zuko waste no time heading inside.

Zuko is quiet and stealthy as we move through the halls, "I hear them," Zuko explains and I can also hear the faint sound of the group's voices. "We'll stay hidden until the opportunity arises," Zuko instructs as we keep our backs to the wall. Zuko peers over the corner and nods signaling that the Avatar is vulnerable. When we move I see the sibling pair spring to action, for some plan of their own but the Avatar is still lying in wait. Zuko grabs his arms behind his back ensuring he can't escape.

"Now Aang," one of the Fire Sages calls as we secure our hold "Aang nows your chance," the girl calls out to him. Zuko and I step out from behind the pillar keeping the Avatar in a tight hold despite his resistance. "The Avatar is coming with me!" Zuko shouts to the group as the remaining Fire Sages regain control of the others. "Close the doors! Quickly!" Zuko shouts to the group as we start down the stairs. The Avatar maneuvers free and pushes Zuko into me and we fall down the stairs.  We hurry up the stairs "Stay here, if the Avatar comes out you can catch him before he gets too far," Zuko instructs. 

Zuko and the remaining four Fire Sages attempt to open the doors once more with Fire bending, "Why isn't it working? It's sealed shut," Zuko exclaims glaring at the sealed doors. "It must have been the light. Avatar Roku doesn't want us inside," one of the Fire Sages explains, "bring me the traitor," Zuko asks as the remaining Fire Sages. I hear faint steps behind me and turn to see what's happening. My eyes meet Zhao's and then I feel a blunt pain before I am knocked out.

Zuko's POV

As the traitorous Fire Sage confesses his treason I begin to hear clapping. I turn to see Zhao with thirteen guards, and, and Honna, they're dragging her by her shirt collar. Zhao speaks but I hardly hear him "What a moving and heartfelt performance. I'm certain the Fire Lord will understand when you explain why you betrayed him," I get ready to attack to save Honna when one of his soldiers grabs my wrist. "And, Prince Zuko, it was a noble effort, but yours and the princess's little smokescreen didn't work. Three traitors in one day. The Fire Lord will be pleased," Zhao states arrogantly.

I glare at him "you're too late, Zhao. The Avatar is inside and the doors are sealed," I shout "no matter. Sooner or later, he has to come out," Zhao explains with a sly smile as if pleased with himself. The guard holding me chains me to a pillar near the Avatar's friends, and they move Honna's motionless body beside me. "Here is your bride," Zhao says smugly I look down at the pale skin of her face now slightly covered in her blood. I worry that she's severely hurt and can't will my eyes away from her.

When the doors begin to open I have to shut my eyes to block out the vibrant blue light radiating from the room. As Zhao and his men fire on the Avatar, the fire is manipulated into a controlled ball. It is diminished revealing none other than Avatar Roku, shock clouds our features, as he sends off a blast the heat from is melts the chains from my body. I hurry free and lift up Honna's unconscious figure. I hurry onto our small ship and send out a radio message to Uncle Iroh. "Uncle, Honna she's been injured. I want the doctor on the ship to meet me immediately!" I urge as I look at her still features.

I stroke her hair back gently as the ship sails towards the main ship. "Please wake up Honna," I plead with her, and I wished we'd gotten married today like we were supposed to. Instead of wedding bliss I watch my betrothed worried whether she'll wake up.