~Chapter XIV~

~Madelyn~

RIDLEY WAS KISSING ME. Startled by his unforeseen assault I failed to react and stiffened on the spot. Eyes wide in shock. As I stared at him, thoughts escaped me. I felt more than I could process what was happening, and it was obvious in the graze of his hands on me, drawing me close, that he, too, had tossed his own thoughts aside and let emotion take the reins.

A deep ache of desire pulsed hard in my chest. "Ridley...." I started.

"Shut up and kiss me, princess." He demanded, grabbing the back of my neck to balance us, and kissed me once again.

I let him take control.

Stretching up on my tippy toes I grabbed his shoulders and fell into him. His muscles shuddered under my palms, responding to my touch with a low pur that vibrated throughout his body and into me. The sound excited and encouraged me to let loose.

My hands developed a mind of their own and tugged him with a force as they climbed the sides of his neck. A feral desire built inside my chest, telling me to claim him in ways that were not appropriate.

Ridley chuckled into our kiss. "Needy little thing, aren't you?"

Yes.

I realized that after sex with Kieran. The first time hurt, yes, but over the summer my hormones have turned into a beast of their own, and my thoughts were so inappropriate I was growing a little worrisome whenever the Sparrows came around looking as tempting and handsome as they were.

Like now.

Though we were separated for two and a half months I longed to see them. Hear them. Feel the sudden ignite of fire that would settle in my stomach like a thousand fireflies when they were near, and morph to sinful imaginations of me in bed with one or all of them.

What else does one do when invited to act on their desire with a devilishly, cruel boy they have a crush on?

Because I did.

I had a crush on all four Sparrows.

I pulled back. "We shouldn't do this here. If Miss Weathers finds us she'll ban us from the library. I happen to enjoy the peace away from you four sometimes, and I'd rather not get on bad terms with the only woman here who isn't a puppet of the Sparrows."

"Are you friends with the old bat?"

I punched him in the chest. A love tap, really, but with a bit more force than I originally attended as Ridley grunted in discomfort and chuckled. "She is not an old bat."

"Whatever you say, princess."

"I'm serious. I'd rather not get kicked out for indecent exposure."

In our position we were hidden high up in a dark corner. Surrounded by thousands of books. For the meantime we were obscured from the diligent students studying downstairs, however it did not console me to want to continue feeding into our repressed lust, in a public library, with a high chance of getting caught by our school librarian who was a very eccentric woman and could very possibly have a heart attack.

"You worry too much."

"You don't worry enough," I countered. "This place has cameras."

Ridley stole a chaste kiss from my lips and grinned. "I'll take care of them if it matters to you that much."

A frown made a crease between my brows and question marks reflected in the window of his own eyes.

Ridley smirked and reached into his pocket and unearthed his phone. With a few taps he started a call and was answered within a matter of seconds.