Punches

[photo from Pinterest]

WARNINGS:
Violence and injury detail

Punches

My hands are in fists as I swing back and forth, connecting my skin with the boy's face. It is a blur of blood and screaming. I can't see what I am doing. I can't hear the voice telling me to stop.

Then I feel hands on my shoulders, wrestling me off the boy who is laying on his side, just as still as the stone floor beneath him.

Something brings me back to reality, the realization of what I've done.

I look down at my shaking hands and then at the body of the boy laying crumpled on the ground.

I need to stop doing this.

I feel the pain in my hands, the sting of punching someone over and over. Ironic really, seeing as the boy is unconscious with blood running down his pale face and pooling onto the floor.

Pain... that's all I think.

Aren't we all in pain? Hurting in one way or another. All broken, either inside or out.

"Stop." The owner of the hands hisses in my ear. "Just stop."

Slowly he releases me and I fall away from him. I whiz around and look wildly into his eyes.

Immediately I am embarrassed.

My little brother looks back at me, strong but terrified. Terrified of what his big brother might do to him.

Just two years apart, we could easily get away with being twins. People say that he shouldn't be scared of me, but really, he is petrified. He has not seen what I have seen. He has only seen what we have been through, together.

Now he is watching his brother break as our father did.

He can only watch.

Watch the pain eat him up.

Watch as his big brother is taken from him.

I can only hope.

Hope that he will find his way on his own.

Hope that he will not be taken hostage by this pain.

But the truth...

The painful truth.

The truth that I will be gone soon.

The truth that he will be no different from our father or me.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Thank you for reading :)

If you're enjoying these stories, keep checking for more, because they are most likely to be updated (almost) daily (for now... we'll see about that in the future and whether or not I have inspo!)