I Want To Die

[pic from Pinterest]

Tw: suicidal thoughts, self-harm

I Want To Die

I'm holding a steaming mug of tea in my hands as I stare out of the window, lost in my thoughts. The wall I lean against has photographs of memories from better times. Sketches of places I once travelled to. Around my neck is a charm someone gave me, their face now a soft blur in my mind.

Still, I stare.

The droplets of rain chase one another down the glass, I imagine myself as a child picking a drop and hoping it will reach the bottom before all the others. Where did those innocent days go?

I wear a turtleneck jumper, the sleeves rolled down to my elbows. My jeans are loose fitting and I draw a knee to my chest. I rest my mug on it, my hands hanging onto the china as I wonder what the world would be like without me in it. No one would know if I'd left. No one would notice if I lay cold and rigid on the ground. No one would miss me.

I sigh and look down at my tea. How long have I been sitting here? It's now cold in my hands and I shiver. I set the mug down and wrap my arms around both my knees, resting my head on them.

I look back through the glass. The outside world is blurred through the rain. I know no one's vision will be like that when they hear about my death. They'll say it's a shame and move on. I have no one to grieve me, no one to cry over me. It has always been me. Just me alone.

I close my eyes for a moment. On my lids, I see familiar but distant faces. I can hear laughter and chatter but it just echoes in my mind. Then I feel the pain on my arms as I draw a blade into my skin.

I sit up, startled. In the gloom, I look down at my arms. Years and years of scars line them. The most recent one is still bloody and it digs deep into my skin. I pull my sleeve down and I stretch the material over my hands.

I could die.

No one would notice.

I want to die.

It would get me out of this pain.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Thanks for reading, not sure why it's so dark but there you go.

I hope you're okay and if you're struggling with anything it will get better. Message me if you want to talk :)

My love, Amelia <3