Chapter 1: Fiance.

(Disclaimer: Some of the things may not be accurate to 1960's Japan.)

You let out a small sigh as you wiped off your sweat. "Y/n! Come get these dishes!" Your boss, shouted. "Coming!" you shouted as you headed to your boss who was carrying a tray full of dirty dishes. "Come to me when I tell you so okay?? Jeez... your so slow..." Your boss cursed under her breath. "I'm sorry Maam..." you told her and gave her a quick bow before heading back to the sink.

Y/n L/n. A poor 21 year old woman working in a restaurant as a dish washer. You worked from morning until noon, and your hourly wage is 500 yen. It isn't much but it gets you to feed your siblings. Where were your parents you ask? Well your mother died while giving birth to your youngest sister, while your father works at KNYTech Industries. "...It'll get better in the future Y/n..." you mumbled, clinging onto the false hope you have.

You were tired... No, exhausted. But you couldn't take a break, your boss would scold you and she might not give you your salary like last time... You had to feed your siblings and even yourself. "But... How long does it have to be like this...?" you mumbled. 

-Time Skip-

"I'm home..." you spoke out. "Onee chan!" Your adorable younger sister, Kotori who is 5 years old, spoke out as she hugs your legs. You let out a tired smile as you pat her head, she then looks up at you with her adorable round eyes. "How was work??" she asks, "It was alright." you lied as you gave her a bright smile. You then picked her up, "How was hanging out with your onii chan today?" you ask her as you had told you other younger brother to take care of Kotori. "It was fun! We played at the park!" Kotori giggled. 

Soon, your younger brother, Shinji who is 16 years old, approached you two and spoke up. "She was so energetic..." Shinji commented. Kotori only giggled in response. Soon, Kotori heard the opening of her favorite show 'Astro Boy'. You gently put dow Kotori as she squealed with joy and ran to the living room to watch her show. Shinji soon looked at you with serious eyes, "...How was work?" he asks. "Tiring... Absolutely tiring... You honestly replied as the two of you walked to the kitchen. 

You soon sat on a chair, you glanced at Kotori, making sure she was only focused on the tv so that she wouldn't hear your conversation. "I'm sorry..." Shinji looks down, "Sorry for what?" you ask, "That I can't work... That I just sit here while you work day and night... That I can't help you... I'm only a minor... But once I turn-" You cut him off. "Look Shinji, this isn't your fault okay? You don't need to feel guilty... You can help me by being one of the best baseball player in the whole world okay? Just finish your school and I'd be satisfied with that..." you reassured him as you pat his back. 

He gave you a shocked and hopeful facial expression as you showed support over his dream. Shinji's dream was to be a baseball player, and he would always practice baseball in school, which is why he would sometimes be covered in bruises and cuts. You then noticed a cut on his arm, you then rummaged the cupboards to find the med kit. As soon as you found it you told him to sit. He did as he was told, you soon tended his wounds. "How was practice?" you ask. 

"It was great... Our coach was planning on making us have a match with the neighbouring school next week." Shinji replied. You let out a small smile, "That's good..." You commented. Soon there was silence, but the silence wasn't awkward... The silence was comfortable as the two of you enjoyed each other's company. The moment wasn't for long though, as your father bursts through the door. 

The two of you flinch and head to the door entrance, You soon saw your father panting as if he was out of breath. "Oto san! What's wrong??" you ask as you held onto him to support his balance. As soon as he catched his breath, he clinged to you and looked at you with hopeful eyes. "Y/n...! Get ready for tomorrow!" he told you. You furrowed your eyebrows, "Get ready for what??" You ask, confused. 

"Get ready to meet your fiance!" he spoke out.