Chapter 9: Tension and Kissing.

You continued to glare at him, "Is... There something wrong?" he asked. You paused before replying, "Can we talk somewhere private?" you asked, "I'm sorry but as the future CEO of-" His secretary, Yui, cut you off but you didn't hesitate to speak back at her. "I need to speak to him as my husband, not as the future CEO." she was quick to shut her mouth. "It's fine Yui, it's lunchtime anyway. Should we head to my office?" He suggested, you stared at him before nodding. The two of you soon started to head to his office, Yui was about to follow in suit but was abruptly stopped by you. "Can you please not follow us? This is a matter between my husband and I." you boldly told her, She glanced at Yoriichi, to which Yoriichi agreed with you.

"It's fine Yui." he spoke out. She nodded as she watched the two of you leave.

The two of you soon arrive in his office. "You've got some explaining to do Yoriichi." You sternly told him as you crossed your arms, he looked at you confused. "You lied to me. There weren't any prototypes stolen!" you told him, his eyes widen as he realized that you caught on so quickly to his lie. "I- Y/n... It was..." Yoriichi started stuttering, you let out a sigh. "Can... You just be honest and tell me what really happened...?" you asked him, as the anxiety... The thought... Of him cheating... With that beautiful secretary of his...

But... Why were you so angry...? You told yourself a day would come when he would find a woman he actually loved... You told yourself you would step away... That you wouldn't intervene... But why...? Why now are you feeling angry? Jealous? And betrayed? Your heart ached as you knew you had really fallen for him... A man so respectful... kind and has good manners... His looks were only a bonus. You reminisce his gentle touch... His warmth... His kisses that you oh so love...! Crave even.

He then looked away from you, "I... There was an emergency... My father had asked for me." you furrowed your eyebrows. "In the middle of the night?" you questioned him as he nodded, still averting his gaze from you. You clenched your teeth as your chest felt heavy.

"You're lying." you told him, his eyes widened.

"I'm not dumb Yoriichi. You have a habit of looking away when you lie... Why are you lying..? Is it something you can't tell me..?" your voice broke at the last sentence. Silence... There was nothing but silence... You let out a sigh as you placed his bento on the table, "It's your favorite." you added. As you turned your back on him and started to walk away, his hand reached out to you but... You were already gone.

What could he have told you? That he was the Hashira? Someone who kills criminals? He doesn't know how you'd react... He doesn't even know if... You'd accept it! Sure, you told him you supported the Hashira but... THAT'S NOT ENOUGH!! And the thought of you leaving him... Oh... It hurt him so much, it felt like ripping off the only emotion... the only joy he felt in life. Even if Yoriichi couldn't lie to even save his fucking life... He's still a man with many secrets...

One of them includes stalking.

-Time Skip- 

"I can't believe him! How dare he lie to you right to your face too!" Koyuki complained. You only hummed in response as you stared at your noodles with a pout. You were at their ramen shop, "You're not going to eat your noodles by staring at them Y/n." Akaza reminded you, you ignored his comment and only sighed. "I have come to terms with that... I have really umm... Fallen in love... with... Him..." your voice grew quieter with each word. Koyuki gasped, "But... You said..." her voice trailed off, "Yeah... I know. It's bad but-" you were cut off by your phone ringing, you checked to see it was from Yoriichi. You chose to ignore it, "But... Y/n, where are you going to stay now?" Koyuki asked, "What do you mean?" you asked her, confused.

"It's 8:46 pm now." she told you, and your eyes widened. "W-What...?! Oh god! I have to go home then!" You panicked as you got up from your seat, "Wait! Let me pack up your noodles, can't let it get to waste." Akaza told you as he grabbed the bowl of ramen and transferred the noodles into a plastic bowl. He handed you the noodles, you told him a quick thanks before waving them goodbye and leaving. You took the cab to ride home, 'Oh god...' you thought as it was already late. You checked your watch as you let out a sigh, "Seems like I'll be home by 9..." you mumbled.

You then arrived at the front gate of your house, you got out of the cab and thanked the driver. You rummaged through your bag to look for the keys but it was put to a halt as someone called out for you. "Miss!" someone yelled out, you looked to see... A familiar man. "Detective Kibutsuji...?" you mumbled. "Ah, yes... You know my name, that's good." Muzan replied. "I'll... Get straight to the point. Have you seen any suspicious activity around here?" he asked. You shook your head, "None... This is a peaceful neighborhood. I always see cops patrolling in the middle of the night when I wake up to get a glass of water." you answered truthfully.

"Ah... Well-" you cut him off. "I'm sorry but... I really need to get home so..." you gave him an apologetic smile. "Oh! Of course, thank you for your cooperation." he gave you a business smile. You only nodded as you continued to unlock your gate. You could watch him at the back of your neck, leaving. You let out a small sigh, "I wonder what brings the detective here..." you mumbled as you don't think there we're anything suspicious about your neighborhood. You soon unlocked your gate and headed inside. You were quick to lock the gate, you rushed to the door but before you could unlock it with your keys but you jumped as it opened, Yoriichi.

Your eyes widened as he was panting, sweat from his forehead rolling down to his neck and chest. His eyes filled with relief as he seemed to have been worried, before you could even say a word, he hugged you tight. "Y-Y/n... You're... Where were you...?" he whimpered as he buried his face in the crook of your neck. You were hesitant to hug him back but did it anyway. "I was worried that you had run away... You weren't home with your father... And... And..." he quickly spoke out. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." he whispered.

You were close to being all soft on him but... You held your ground as you slowly pushed him away. He looked at you with a facial expression that seemed hurt. "There's no need to act like this, there's no need to treat me like this Yoriichi. If you can't say it... That's fine. I..." you bit your bottom lip, mentally preparing yourself for what you were about to say next. "This is just an arranged marriage... I know... B-But... I'm just... You respect me... You take care of me... You try your best to make me happy and I... I... I'm... I'm in love with you..." you confessed as you looked at him straight in the eye, his eyes widened.

You averted your gaze and looked down, "If that secret is about a woman... It's... It's alright. You can divorce me." you told him, His eyes widened in horror. "What...? No...! No! I... It's... Is this why you've been upset?" he asked, you nodded your head in shame. He was quiet before replying, "The reason why is because... It was for your birthday..." he told you, it wasn't exactly a lie... As he was also preparing for your birthday. Your face quickly became red out of embarrassment, you went and assumed! Let the thoughts get to you! "O-Oh my god...! I'm- I- I'm sorry-" you were cut off by him as he cupped your cheek.

"I... I won't divorce you... I'll never divorce you... I... I can't... I won't ever need to look at another woman... Why would I let that happen? You're amazing, sticking up for what you think is right... And you never ever let anyone trample on you... You're so loving and caring... Towards your closest people... How... How could I ever let someone amazing go...?" he spoke out. "I love you Y/n..." his voice cracked in desperation.

You looked at him, with a soft gaze. Your eyes trailed down to his lips... You wrapped your arms around his neck and went for it, and this time... The kiss wasn't a peck... It was long and passionate... You didn't care whether his lips were dry... You loved him... and the taste of him. The two of you were longing for it... all that tension... Misunderstandings... Cleared up.

But a kiss wasn't enough, the two of you wanted more.