Chapter 13: Help.

"...What happened to you...?" he asks. The woman only sniffled in response, not bothering to reply to him. He clenched his fist as his mind came to a conclusion, "Are you being... Abused?" he asked, her eyes shot up at him, "No! No worries... This is just... I just... Had a fight... With someone. I'm not being abused." she frantically told him. Yoriichi seemed unconvinced. "Why are you so concerned anyway? You seemed to be in a hurry too..." she added.

She was right... Why did he feel so concerned...?

He didn't reply, he then grabbed his handkerchief and let it get wet from the cold rain, he gave it to her. "You can press it against your cheek if it still hurts." She stared at him for a moment, looking a little baffled. She then let out a small laugh as she took the handkerchief and pressed it against her cheek. Yoriichi felt a little proud he managed to make her laugh.

Soon, a bus arrived at the bus stop. She soon got up and gave him back his handkerchief. "Thanks." she told him before leaving to go inside the bus, a small sigh leaving her lips as she didn't even know if she wanted to go home... Yoriichi watched her as she safely got inside the bus, that... empty facial expression plastered on her face...

He didn't even know a that encounter would follow him the next day.

"Yui... From which department is he from?" Yoriichi pointed at the older man who seemed to be arguing with the girl he met that night. "Oh? Him? F/n L/n... He's in the sales department." she replied. He stared at the two of them, who he assumed was her father, kept arguing with her.

Ever since he met her and saw her that day... he was keen on finding her and her name. At first, it was just... curiosity... but that curiosity turned into him going to where she worked at.

"Hello! Welcome to Rararamen! The best ramen in town that makes you go rah rah rah! What would you like to order?" She told him, he let out a small laugh at the slogan, in his mind... It's such a horrible slogan... But... When she says it, he finds it endearing. "Ah... I just want the original." He told her, "Is that all?" she asked, "That's all." he replied. She nodded, she was about to say something but was stopped, "Y/n! Kitchen, now!" Her boss shouted, "Ah, yes!" she replied.

She soon bowed as an apology, "I'm sorry for that, we'll serve you the ramen soon." She gave him an apologetic smile and soon left to go to the kitchen.

He continued watching her from afar... How she has a smile on her face and works diligently even if her boss, customers, and her father treated her like shit. She works hard, she... she sacrifices endless nights and hunger just for her siblings, just to give them education and food to eat...

From an innocent curiosity about her name to finding information about her family, her background, her job, her childhood, her.... everything. He needed to know everything, down to the size of clothes she wore, her favorite food, hobbies, favorite color... anything and everything he could think of that was possible to know about her. He needed to know everything about her, anything about her...

-2nd Person Pov-

"...Gikuni... Sir Tsugikuni...!" A worker called out his name. "Huh? Oh... Apologies... There was just something on my mind." Yoriichi apologized to the worker. The worker let out an awkward laugh, "We-Well um... We just want to report that the prototype is finished, We tested it and it was successful. I think this product is ready for mass production..." The worker informed him.

Yoriichi stared at the prototype, "How many did you guys make?" he asked, "Um... Five." The worker replied, "Hmm... I need to personally test it first, is it alright if I borrow three?" Yoriichi asked. "Well umm... That's fine sir, y-you do need to properly check the q-quality and stuff." the worker replied. Yoriichi hummed in response and looked at the product. "Have it ready in 10 minutes." The worker nodded and soon got to work. Yoriichi whipped out his phone and started texting you.