Chapter 7: When You Sleep.

(italic is a flashback)

'It's raining again... Well... Whatever, I need to kill that drug dealer now.' Yoriichi thought as he continued to head towards where the drug dealer is. Yoriichi gripped his bag filled with weapons, he was getting ready as he was just about 15 minutes away. "Why..." a quiet voice spoke out. Yoriichi abruptly stopped, wondering if he really heard a voice. He then heard a sniffle, he was confused as to what he had just heard... He looked around to see no one but... A bus stop. 'The person must be there...' he thought and headed to a bus stop, he flinches as he found a woman crying. The woman soon noticed him, she was about to scream but Yoriichi stopped her. Yoriichi held his hands up, "I'm not going to do anything, I just heard some crying so I thought that something bad might've happened." he told her, the woman only glared at him.

It definitely didn't help that he was wearing all black and a mask, "Oh yeah?! Well take off your mask then!" the woman shouted, Yoriichi was a little bit hesitant but slowly removed his mask. The woman soon calmed down a little as soon as she saw his face, "Oh... T-Then you can leave..." the woman sniffled as she soon continued crying. "Is there something wrong?" Yoriichi asks, "N-Nothing... Just... problems." she replied, she flinched as she rubbed her cheek, Yoriichi soon noticed a red mark on her cheek, and he instinctively went to her. "...What happened to you...?" he asks. He had just met her but he was already concerned about her... But... Who is this woman...? Well, it's... You know who it is dear Reader. 

-------------------

Yoriichi looks at you, reminiscing what had happened during the morning, he let out a dry chuckle just thinking about it. Well... What happened..? Let's just say that you had embarrassed yourself... But no worries, Yoriichi finds it cute.

Your eyes flutter open, you were met with Yoriichi's sleeping face so close to yours. Your face quickly turned red as you were trying to distance yourself from him, you froze as you couldn't move. It was all because of his arm wrapped around your waist and your legs tangled upon his. 'Oh my god... What was I even doing in my sleep...?' you thought. You then slowly looked at his face, you found him so handsome and adorable... You then unconsciously inched closer and kissed his cheek. You let out a small proud smile at what you had done, but that smile quickly disappeared as soon you heard him let out a grunt. He soon woke up, "Y/n...?" he whispered, you found his morning voice so hot... And-- "Did you just kiss my cheek...?" he asks.

THUD!

Your eyes widen as you accidentally pushed him off the bed over how embarrassed you are. "Oh god! I'm sorry I-" you were cut off by a chuckle, "It's fine, don't worry about it." he replied. "W-Well... I'll go cook breakfast!!" you spoke out as you quickly ran far far away from him. '...Adorable...' Yoriichi thought as he soon got up from the floor. 'THAT WAS SO FUCKING EMBARRASSING...' you thought as you mentally slapped yourself. You quickly started cooking breakfast, trying to distract yourself from the fact that you embarrassed yourself.

He couldn't help but smile at the fact that you had kissed his cheek, "...Y/n..." he mumbled as he caressed your cheek, you were sleeping while he... Couldn't. He glanced at the grandfather clock in the corner of the room, '3:56 huh... I guess I need to get ready soon if I want to kill that arsonist...' he thought. He was about to get up but he then remembered something that also happened this morning...

As you got started cooking breakfast, Yoriichi soon entered the living room and turned on the TV. You were focused on chopping carrots and cabbages for fried rice so you couldn't really see what Yoriichi was watching. It also didn't help that he had the TV at a low volume, he probably did that to not disturb you. Soon, the newscaster said something, "Detective Kibutsuji declares to find out who the Hashira is! Live on the Hatchaku Police Station where he is saying his speech!" the newscaster spoke out, it soon showed the detective doing a speech. "And I promise that I will do everything I can to find out who the Hashira is." the detective declared as he looked straight at the camera as if he was taunting Yoriichi.

Yoriichi clenched his jaw out of anger and annoyance, someone dared to try to stop him! His justice! 'Come find me, you wouldn't be able to stop me.' he thought.

Yoriichi would just get annoyed at the memory of it, he soon decided to get up and get ready, but before he got up, he glanced at you. '...Would you be scared? Or still supportive?' he thought. He quietly got out of bed and headed towards the closet, he started to undress, replacing the pajamas with what he usually wears. He had been doing this since day 1... And you never caught him.

"...Where are you going..?" He froze as soon as he heard your voice, he mentally let out a sigh of relief as he had only removed the top of his pajamas. "Ah... There's an emergency at work, so I need to go there right now." he replied while continuing to undress. No response... "Y/n, I'll be back soon." he added, no response... "Y/n?" he turned around to see you fast asleep. He let out a chuckle as he quietly walked toward you and left a kiss on your forehead. He then stared at your sleeping face, he was really starting to like you... And the fact that you indirectly support his secret is going to pull him deeper... But what stops him is that... What if you don't react kindly to him killing people? Him actually being the Hashira...?

He felt his heart wince at the thought, he couldn't tell what your reaction would be... He couldn't predict if you'd still stick with him... This love story was doomed from the start but... He doesn't want to give it up... "Y/n... I hope you would forever stay by my side..." he mumbled. 

-Time Skip- 

"Haa... That was so fucking messy..." Yoriichi cursed as he looked at his bloody hands, he had finished his job. He killed the arsonist that burned down an apartment building filled with innocent people... There were 5 confirmed deaths and 9 people injured. People like this arsonist, he knew they found it amusing... so entertaining... He questioned what they take life for...? How dare they trample on the lives of innocent people and not suffer the consequences...? How dare they. With the justice system not putting the arsonist to jail, telling the people that it was all an 'Accident'... Yoriichi wasn't going to let that slip through his fingers.

Yoriichi walked through the dark streets, trying to think of a good route to his home and a place he can dispose of his... tools. Yoriichi was about to walk away from the crime scene but was stopped when a voice spoke out. "Hashira... I knew you'd be here." Yoriichi knew it was the detective... Detective Kibutsuji was it? Before Muzan could even see or say anything, Yoriichi quickly ran up to him and knocked him out using the handle of a knife.