Berries and Cream

Getting ready for the party was somewhat difficult for Hermione as she had never discussed with Draco what parties were like for purebloods especially in the 40s. Was it a formal event, or was it simply a casual party in school attire? Obviously Hermione knew that there was no way that ragers, like Seamus used to throw in the Gryffindor common room, would be thrown during this time period, but at the same time these were teenagers and teenagers of any time period were young, dumb, and careless.
Druella Rosier, Cedrella Black, Cassiopeia Nott, and Walburga Black were the witches that she was sharing a dorm with this year. Hermione had no real quarrel with any of the girls because they hadn't really had much of an actual conversation yet. Hermione would admit that she was quite partial against Walburga considering the reputation behind the woman's portrait back in Grimmauld place, but alas it was only Walburga that was in the dorm as Hermione was attempting to get ready.
"Walburga, I was wondering if you would be able to shed some light on the dress code for the party tonight." She said in a polite manner, not wanting to make an enemy with the girl.
"A simple dress is fine, nothing too fancy; that dress from your sorting ceremony is a bit too cocktail, try something simpler." Walburga told her while slipping on a below the knee length dress.
"Something like this?" Hermione asked while holding up a simple blue dress. Walburga gave a simple nod and ended the conversation.
"Hermione."
"Yes?" Hermione paused while buttoning up her dress.
"I know Eileen talked to you earlier, you and your friends should heed her warning." She said simply while taking the rollers out of her hair.
"I know that Tom is dangerous, believe me I do-"
"Hermione, you have no idea how far you've fallen until you realize that you can't get out." Warburga told her with a dead stare.
"Tom isn't the only one who noticed that there is something off about the four of you. Your name alone is a walking red flag, and believe me you are an enigma that Tom wants to dissect. I don't know why all of you are here, but I implore you to get out before you can't."
"Why are you telling me this?"
"He sees everything, he hears everything, he can read your thoughts. The school knows exactly who he is Hermione, no one can stop an unstoppable force. If you are intent on keeping close to him, then I ask you to tread carefully."
"Thank you."
"Right then, we have a party to get to!" Walburga said, completely shifting tones, pretending that the previous conversation had never happened. She knew what Tom was capable of, and she would treat him like the dark lord that he was. She wouldn't be one to back down from this fight, she will make sure that Tom Riddle never rises to power.
/////////
An: okay so I get burnt out really easily and this book exhausts me. I honestly hate this book but I'm continuing it because of its popularity. I think this book is so cringe but I guess I don't completely hate it. I just have an issue of starting books and then not being able to finish them.
Instead of this book (which I will continue I promise) I recommend my other book: Hermione Grindelwald- Tomione, which is on my wattpad. I think it's more seamless but It doesn't have a lot of chapters yet, but idk I like it a lot more than this book.