Be prepared

Hermiones pov
//////////////
I felt the warm early august air whip across my face and back as I jogged around the black lake. One could see the giant squid bob it's head above the water briefly, but then fully submerge once more. I looked down at my watch, it was almost 2:00 and it was the Monday before our seventh year at hogwarts. I looked back at the castle I called my second home, it was so dreary after the events of last year; but once all the glass was cleaned up, and the body of my old headmaster was removed, the castle became more inviting. I started heading back to the castle as the clock hit 1:40, I would make it in on time. I traveled up the grand staircase which still had a few curse marks on it, and stared at the paintings who no longer idly chatted, but now held gazes of sadness. No one had recovered from the events of last year it seemed, we all were healing, but none of us would ever be the same. I reached the statue to the headmasters office. Snape has taken over after he murdered Dumbledore. But I couldn't really blame Snape, of course Harry didn't trust him. But I trusted the harsh man with my life, he had proved himself to be on our side since the beginning.
"Neapolitan." I said to the statue which spiraled upwards, revealing a set of stairs. I walked up the spiral staircase and greeted the old potions teacher. Right beside him was Harry and Draco, I looked to Snape confused.
"You weren't the only one chosen for this mission." He drawled, acknowledging my confused look. I nodded in response, and turned to the painting of Dumbledore.
"Mrs granger-" the painting began.
"-I have been preparing you for this mission since last year, I know it hasn't been easy." I nodded, but it didn't explain Harry and Draco.
"I have been helping Harry and Draco here too." He told me. But why?
"They are here to accompany you into 1944." My eyes widened.
"Both have a certain skill set that will aid you in your mission." He told me, with an eye twinkle that was ever present in the painting.
"But sir, what exactly is my mission?" I asked.
"I shall leave that to my past self to explain."
"No offense Harry, Draco, but what skills do they possess that I do not?"
"Draco was born and raised a pureblood, he can guide you on how to act. Harry however, is a parselmouth, he might be able to open the chamber, and once if his scar fades away, you will know that you have completed your mission. But to put it bluntly miss granger, the forties is a mans world. The knights of walpurgis are men, and you need spies on the inside." He explained, I nodded, there were certain gender roles during that time.
"So when do we leave?" Hardy asked, breaking the silence.
"I was hoping tomorrow, you all know your backstory, and furthermore this gives you time to practice with each other." The painting told us.
"Be here tomorrow at 12:00. You are dismissed." The new headmaster said as he shoved us out of his office. Once we were kicked out I turned to the boys.
"Meet me in the room of requirement in 1 hour, we need to pack beforehand; Draco I was hoping you could teach us how to be a pureblood and all that jazz." I told them and they nodded in return.
Hardy and I ran up to our respective dorms and I pulled out my beaded bag. I needed to organize it desperately. I overturned the small unassuming bag, and a mountain of contents spilled out.
"Only essentials." I told myself, I had no need for DVDs, especially because they hadn't been invented yet. I packed all of my potion supplies and tonics, I also packed my preferred books. Finally all of my dresses and skirts, goodbye pants, I lengthened them to be knee length or longer. Lastly I laid out my dress for tomorrow, it was the dress I wore to my Christmas slug club party. With it laid a pair of heels, it was simple yet elegant.
I nodded at my work and began walking down to the room of requirement. The door opened and I was greeted by Harry and Draco who were at opposite ends of the room. Some things never change
"Welcome to how to be a pureblood 101."