33 Goodnight

Colton~~

My stomach turns to lead. Both my cousin and Vienna recoil in their seats.

"And I don't mean a kiss on the hand or cheek, I mean a kiss. One you'd give your great and true love."

            Pushing back his chair, Percy stands. "I'm not even a part of this game."

"Neither was the lake," the Delta says dryly.

            If Percy doesn't do this, Vienna and I still lose the game.

            I turn to my cousin.

            "I. Am. Not."

            "Percy . . ." I can't believe this is something I'm having to do.

            "She's a traitor. She was a rebel. Not to mention your germs are all over her."

            I narrow my eyes. "Iota."

            Vienna's chair scrapes against the pavers as she pushes it back, and walking behind me, she comes to stand in front of Percy.

            He rakes a hand through his hair. "The things I do for family." He and Vienna eye each other warily.

            "Remember to make it convincing," the Tresais drawls. Is being annoying a common trait among the third in commands?

            Percy lets loose a shudder, entirely overdramatic, and places a hand on Vienna's waist. I don't want to watch, but I can't look away.

            As Vienna closes her eyes, Percy tips his head down to hers until his lips touch hers.

            A hand tightens around my leaden stomach. Neither moves to deepen the kiss. In fact neither of them moves at all. They're as still as two statues.

            "This is boring," one of the Order says, but I don't see who, my focus on my cousin and the love of my life.

            "I said as if you were kissing your great and true love." Aries fakes a yawn I can hear. "If that's how you kiss the Beta, I'm not sure why he's going through so much trouble to marry you."

            My hands curl into fists, my nails digging into the cut across my palm. I focus on the biting pain to keep from strangling him.

            Vienna's hands tighten in Percy's shirt. And then her mouth moves against his and Percy's hands are sliding around her waist to her back, drawing her closer to him.

            First Bently falls for Iris and now I must contend with Percy for Vienna. Don't think like that. This is all for show, for the game, for sport.

            His hands press into the small of her back as he deepens the kiss.

            When will Aries call this?

            Vienna's hands slide up his chest and over his shoulders.

            "It's never a good kiss unless there's some neck involved." I recognize the voice as the Beta's.

            Percy pulls his lips from Vienna's and drops his head to her neck.

Vienna tilts her head back and bites her lip, I know trying to stifle a moan.

            "Aries . . ." I all but growl.

            "Oh very well. You may stop."