Chapter Four

LOKI'S POINT OF VIEW
"Come to me, my dear," her voice beckoned, calling me within my sleep.

"I need you. Please, I need your help," she continued as I walked through my dreamscape.

The atmosphere was cloudy, dense with thick white fog. I hadn't a clue where I was or that I was dreaming, I was focused solely on that voice. On Sigyn's voice.

Even within my slumber, I felt every fiber of my being longing for her. It had been years since I heard that sweet voice, the melodic delivery of her words and the soothing quality in every note. Her voice alone was like a drug to me, even in my dreams. Now if I could only navigate this world to find her, to get a glimpse of her even if it was all an illusion.

"I'm coming!" I cried as I searched through the thicket relentlessly, "I'm coming, Sigyn!"

"Wake up," her voice echoed around me, coming from everywhere and yet nowhere at all, "You must wake up, Loki."

"No," I insisted, pressing onward to find her, "No, I need to see you! Please, please don't leave me."

"Loki," she continued, "You must wake up. Hela's in danger."

I instantly stopped m in my tracks, as my ears pricked to the sound of my daughter's name. Hela was in danger? As soon as I processed this, I immediately woke up. My eyes shooting open as if I had never fallen asleep in the first place.

As I came to, I flicked on every light and my heart began to beat out of my chest. Hela could not be hurt. And if she was, I would simply kill whoever inflicted her pain. I couldn't let her encounter danger. My daughter was the only thing I had left, the very thought of her even scraping her knee was enough to cause me panic.

Yes, this had all come to me in a dream as a premonition of my long dead wife, but I was not about to risk it. It may sound crazy to follow the advice of dream but Hela's safety was paramount to me. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I slept through her needing me. It simply wasn't an option.

As soon as I received my bearings, I jumped out of bed without a moment to spare. I tore down the hallway to her room, hoping to see nothing but Hela asleep in her bed. But to my horror, light creeped out into the hallway from underneath my office door.

My eyes grew wide as I realized what danger Sigyn was warning me about. The TemPad. My mind immediately went to the worst. Despite all the lengths I had gone through to protect that tablet, I couldn't doubt that my daughter was smart enough to work through it all. If Hela were to have miraculously made it through my spells and had figured out how to use that damned device, she would be thrown to who knows where in time and space. And worse of all, I would have absolutely no way of finding her.

I knew I should've hidden it better, I thought to myself. That TemPad had been the bane of my existence ever since I had stolen it from the TVA in the first place. If it were now responsible for taking my daughter away from me, I don't know what I would do. Perhaps a rampage would be in order, or better yet re-joining with Sylvie to bash the whole organization to smithereens!

But nevermind that, at the moment I had bigger issues at hand.

Just as soon as I saw the light from my study, I quickly ran to its door and pushed it open as fast as I possibly could. And to my relief, Hela was sat in my chair still perfectly intact and in our timeline. Within her blustery hands, Hela gripped the TemPad firmly. Her eyes went wide as she saw me, nearly jumping out of her seat in shock.

"Papa, I-"she began as she hid the tempad behind her, "I'm sorry, I was only curious! I didn't find anything, I promise."

"Hela," I warned as I slowly approached the desk, "I need you to hand over that TemPad."