Chapter Twenty Eight

"Hela," my grandfather mused, smiling as he saw me, "There's my gorgeous granddaughter."

"Grandpapa," I sighed, smiling at him. He looked exactly the same as I remembered him back on Midgard. His beard was long and grey, adorned with beads and strings. His face had scars and freckles galore from all the time he had spent working in his younger years. I was more than happy to see him as it felt as though he was another familiar face, another ally to help me if everything went wrong.

"You look worried," he commented, "I don't suppose your mother is running around like..a chicken with her head cut off?"

"No not at all," I said sarcastically, "She's calm as can be! It's not as if she's been on the brink of a panic attack for the last hour."

The old man chuckled joyfully and nodded. If anyone knew my mother best, it was Iwald. He had been steadfastly by her side all her life. My mother way undoubtedly his favorite out of all my aunts, consistently making sure to be there for her and now for me. Just as he loved my mother for being his oldest, he loved me for being his only grandchild. I couldn't deny that I loved the attention I received because of that.

"She just wants everything to be perfect," he replied, lightly laughing, "With Sigyn, everything always must be exactly right. She's always been like this though, certainly not a go with the flow kind of girl."

"I can see that," I said with a giggle, "But I can't blame her, I'm far more of a primadonna than she is."

"Oh most certainly," he agreed, "But, you're a princess, the sole heir to Asgard, granddaughter of Iwald, Odin, and  Laufey. There's quite a bit of room for entitlement in that equation."

"I must work on that," I sighed, "If I ever want to be a good queen, I can't be entitled."

"No, not at all," My Grandafther mused with a smirk, "A good queen must be humble. Must be wise. Thankfully you have quite the wise grandpapa to help you with that."

I smiled up at him, oh how happy I was to have him at my side. I knew that if anything went wrong today, I could trust my grandfather to protect me. He would be behind, just as he was with my mother.

"I guess you're right," I teased, gently nudging him with my elbow.

"Of course, I am," he said with a smile, "You can't  raise nearly a dozen daughters, fight in Odin's army, and live to be as old as I am without getting some wisdom. I'll be here for you, Hela. Whenever you need me. I'll make sure everything is okay."

"Thank you, Grandpapa," I said softly, for a brief moment he had truly convinced me that everything would be alright. But just as I began to feel calm, my mother walked back in, frantic as ever.

"Everyone's in their places," she explained, "I found your father just aimlessly walking around, I had to get him dressed and everything. He's a mess but when is he not?"

Instantly, I began to pay attention to what she was saying. By the sound of it, my father and I's plan had been somewhat successful but I wouldn't know until I actually got to talk to him. I could only hope that everything had gone smoothly and he was now waiting for me at the end of aisle.

"Calm down, dear," Iwald said, "It's alright. He's here now, isn't he?"

"Yes," my mother sighed, "Yes everything perfectly in place. The crown, Loki, but..I can't help but think I'm missing something."

"Arent...you supposed to be with father?" I asked cautiously, not wanting to set her off.

"Right," she said with a small bit of laughter, "Im the one out of place. Alright, well."