Chapter Forty-Four

"You know where Grimnir is? And you want to turn him in?" Mobius asked over breakfast the next morning. I nodded. He glanced at my father who only responded with a smile.

"This isn't a trick?" Mobius questioned, narrowing his eyes as he turned his attention back to me. I shook my head no.

"How do I know neither of you are lying? Is this some kinda trap? Are you working with Sylvie?" he rattled off. I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth to speak before my mother interjected, "They aren't lying."

"And how can I trust you?" Mobius asked, looking at my mother. Her brown eyes peered over the book she was reading and she raised a single brow. Mobius nodded, gulping hard. "Alright, so where is the kid?"

"Midgard, right where New Asgard used to be," I replied. Mobius sighed, pulling out a pen and paper before he jotted down the information I had just described.

"Do I want to know why you've suddenly switched sides? Or should I just leave that to my imagination?" Mobius asked. The white haired man looked as tired as can be. His eyes were dimmed with dark circles and he was moving just about as fast as a sloth.

"That's classified," My father replied, sparing me the embarrassment of admitting what Grimnir had done. Mobius nodded as he pursed his lips.

He thought for a moment as he ate. "Well then, I suppose we should get going. I'll get a few hunters together and-" he began.

"Please, that won't be necessary," I interrupted. My father gave me a warning glance and Mobius raised a brow. "I'd like this to be more...personal. I want him to know I'm the one that turned him in," I explained as politely as possible.

Mobius hummed. "So this is a revenge mission?" he asked and I nodded in reply. Taking one last bite from his plate, he stood up and shrugged on his coat. "Alright, let's get this show on the road."

"Please be safe, I would really prefer not to spend the next few days playing nurse for you two," my mother warned, looking between my father and I.

"We will, we will," my father assured her, kissing her on the cheek before getting up from his chair.
"I mean it, please nothing crazy," she said, her eyes meeting mine with a challenging gaze.

I put my hands up in defense. "Nothing crazy, got it," I promised her. My mother nodded and returned to her book, satisfied by my answer.

"Well, don't you guys need to get a few weapons or something?" Mobius asked. In unison, my father and I opened up our coats. Though completely unplanned, we were both wore twin baldrics adorned with three knives each. "That's it? You don't wanna bring some torture device too? Loki looks like he wants a torture device," Mobius continued.

My father smiled and flexed his hands. Magic began to sprout from his palms and swirl up his wrist. "I think I'll be just fine. Grimnir will be longing for a torture device when I'm through with him," My father replied. My mother rolled her eyes and mumbled, "So dramatic."

"And you?" Mobius asked as he gestured to me, "Do you have some magic trick up your sleeve?"

"She can kill you just by thinking about it, Mobius. I believe she's fine," my mother interjected. Mobius's eyes widened as he took a small step back. "Right, shall we go then?" he asked.

-

Within the blink of an eye we were in Midgard, in that same village I had been just a day prior. I walked talk and proud, my chin raised high. I was quite excited to see the look on Grimnir's face when he saw us. I wondered if he would try to run, and if he did-I wondered how ridiculous he may look.

"He's hiding in the church," I said, pointing down the street to that large white building. Just as it was yesterday, the church was adorned in foliage-flowers and leaves alike. However, they weren't vibrant or even alive. They were withered shells of what they once were. Even the grass around the church looked dead.