intro + important info!

hey howdy hello and welcome!! happy holidays if you're reading this when it comes out!! and if not, then... happy day. yeeha.

ANYWAY!! i am soooo excited to share this with you guys, i've been working on this since SEPTEMBER omg. i finally get to publish and see your reactions and ugh i can't wait!!

from now until christmas, this book will be updated EVERY. DAY. twenty five oneshots all at your disposal unless you're reading this in real time and have to wait for them to be published first.

and, as you may have noticed, there are TWO new books (sorry if this opening note looks familiar)!! that's right, i wrote FIFTY chapters in about two months. yes those are full suitcases under my eyes thank you for noticing.

this book is the 'vanilla cadnis' oneshots, or the ones without my twin oc's, leo and layla. i decided to do two books since i had so many ideas and i know that kid/family fics are not everyone's vibe. so, you have this one for your usual cadnis, and the other one for cadnis as mamas with their babies/children :))) feel free to read both (please. i beg i worked so hard) but if you're not into that kinda thing i understand.

credits for all the prompts go to @bidiboop !! i'm about four years late to this but whatever i wanna do it so i'm doin it now. rock n roll. thank you for the beautiful list!!

also!!!! some important shoutouts before we get into this beautiful holiday monstrosity. to my irl friends Kween, Nerd, and BeepBop, as well as etchedstars and julez_20 . thank you for letting me vent about this and/or for giving me ideas <333

and last but most definitely not least thank you to my friend bread paloma-nymph (and @/deadbreadrunning on ao3). this would not have happened without you. thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your support and inspiration. and also for making my beautiful covers :) also!!!!! they also did fifty chapters with the same prompts i'm using!!! bread did 25 days of heathers ships and 25 days of mean girls ships so everyone please go support my friend!!

before we get into the fics themselves, i wanted to give y'all some important information that i may or may not have included and didn't give context for (i can't remember!! so. have this.)

-to begin with!! this timeline is all sorts of wack. they do not go in chronological order at all even a little bit.

in an attempt to make things easier i'll put the rough ages they are in the opening notes of each chapter (bearing in mind that- in my timeline anyway- janis' birthday is in october and cady's is in february, so janis is a bit older)!! i may not have gotten the ages exactly correct bc i cannot do math!!! but give or take a year they're accurate. and even still there's a few little contradictions and things. but shhhh if we don't look too close maybe they'll go away.

-characters!! y'all know the ones in canon (i should hope) but here are some of the ones you might see mentioned:

-Elvira Sarkisian-Heron: Cadnis' pet black cat, adopted about a year after they were married. Occasionally goes by the nickname Ellie

-Daffodil Sarkisian-Heron: Cadnis' pet golden retriever, adopted after Cady completed her PhD when they were 26. Occasionally goes by the nickname Daffy

-Chip Heron: Cady's dad

-Betsy Heron: Cady's mom

-Rhys Heron: Cady's older brother, deceased. He was killed in the line of combat in the army when he was twenty and Cady was ten

-Juliette Sarkisian: Janis' mom. Occasionally goes by the nickname Ettie

-Luca Sarkisian: Janis' dad, deceased. He passed away from an illness when Janis was four. He's also French, that's kind of important

-Juliana Sarkisian: Janis' younger half sister. She was born when Janis was six. Occasionally goes by the nicknames Julie, Jules or Juju

-Pancakes Sarkisian: Janis' pet cat. She had him from the ages of 13-21

other important shit (highly recommend reading my main book if you want more deeeeetails)

-cadnis got together on cady's birthday their senior year of high school (february 11)

-they did long distance for the first two years of university (janis was in new york and cady stayed in illinois. cady finished her undergrad in two years instead of the traditional four, and moved in with janis and damian in new york when they were 20 ish to start working on her master's degree)

-they got engaged right after janis finished her undergrad and cady finished her masters and they were ~22

and i believe that is everything!! hopefully but who knows lol.

anyway, without further ado...

happy holidays yall :)