day 18: learning rocking around the pole dance

day 18!! aaah.

cady is 18 and janis is 19 in this one but it's not super important.

enjoy!

—————

"I'm bored," Damian sighs. Janis gives a quiet huff of agreement, lying in between him and Cady on the floor. Cady suddenly bolts upright and scares the wits out of the both of them.

"I have an idea!"

"Oh god," Janis chuckles lovingly. Cady gently flicks her between the eyes. "Ow."

"Sorry," Cady says sheepishly. "But it's a good idea!"

"Oh?"

"I can reach you guys the Rocking Around the Pole dance! It's fun!"

"Cads, we-"

Janis claps a hand over Damian's mouth before he can finish his sentence. "Sure, Peanut, that sounds like fun."

Cady squeals happily and runs to go grab her phone to play the music. Damian looks at Janis and raises his eyebrows.

"She doesn't know, it'll be a funny reveal. And she's so cute, how can you not want her to teach you?" Janis defends.

"You are so fucking whipped."

—-

"Okay, come here," Cady says eagerly. "It won't work quite as well with just the three of us, but we can still do it. Damian, you start here like this."

Damian begrudgingly lets Cady move him into the starting pose. Cady stands in front of him and claps happily when he gets it right. Janis is still sitting on the couch and trying to hold back laughter.

She has to try much harder as Cady starts playing the music and coaching Damian through some rather sensual hip swivels and body rubs. Damian follows along in confusion, and Janis can practically see the middle school flashbacks reflected in his eyes.

"Yeah, you got it!" Cady says happily once he finally gets it down. "Jayjay, your turn!"

"Yeah, Jayjay," Damian teases as Janis groans. "Your turn."

"It's fun!" Cady coaxes. "Come on, love. For me?"

"Only you," Janis huffs. "I'll only do this for you."

Cady beams at her happily. Janis can't deny that precious grin anything even if she tries. "Yay! Okay, like this."

Damian doesn't even bother holding back his laughter as Cady starts coaching Janis through her bit of the routine. Janis begrudgingly follows along with Cady's moves. Damian does cough when he catches her staring rather aggressively at Cady's ass, so Janis snaps back to attention and continues following along.

"Good job, lovey!" Cady says once Janis has all the moves down. "You guys are quick learners."

"We both did dance when we were little, baby," Janis reminds her.

"Oh yeah," Cady says. "Okay, Damian, come back, we can put all of them together now!"

"What's the phone for?" Janis asks warily.

"I want a video!" Cady chirps. "Pleeeease?"

"Fine," Janis huffs. Damian shrugs, he doesn't particularly care either way. "For you."

"Yay!" Cady says. "Okay, ready?"

"As I'll ever be," Damian sighs.

Cady sets the music playing and the camera recording them, then dashes back to her position in between them. She giggles happily as they go through the routine. She likes it much better like this, with her love and her best friend, rather than being bossed around by the Plastics. Janis does grin slightly hearing her happy laughter. It's always nice to see, and she is having fun, though she's loathe to admit it.

"That was really good!" Cady congratulates once the song comes to a blessed end and she goes to stop the recording. "And we're not bored anymore!"

"Definitely not," Damian sighs. "Thanks, Caddy."

"Did you have fun?" Cady asks as she goes to hug him. Damian nods and squishes her slightly.

"Yeah, I did."

"Good."

"Cads?" Janis asks. Cady moves to hug her next.

"Mm?"

"You know we choreographed this, right?"

"You what?!" Cady demands.

"We wrote this," Janis says. "In middle school."

"You guys-you-you what?!" Cady yells. "You let me teach it to you and didn't tell me that you wrote it?!"

"It was cute, you're a good teacher," Janis says desperately, holding Cady tighter as she crankily tries to wriggle away. "We just already knew it."

"You guys are so mean!"

"Baby, we're sorry," Janis soothes. "We thought it would be funny." It's only then that she feels Cady laughing. "Oh. You little stinker! I thought you were actually upset!"

"Are you kidding? Now I get to imagine middle school you and Dame trying to come up with this!" Cady cackles. "Oh, I hope there's video."

"No," Janis says.

"Yes," Damian says at the same time.

"No!"

"Yes!" Cady cheers. "Come on, Jayjay, please? You let me reach you this dance even though you already knew it. It's only fair."

"No, it's not!" Janis says. "Damian, don't you dare."

"I do dare, though."

"Yes!" Cady says eagerly. She tries to follow after Damian as he heads to look through his collection of old family video tapes, but they're both rapidly tackled to the ground by Janis. "Ow, Jayjay, what?"

"No video."

"Yes video," Cady says. "What if I make you a deal?"

"A deal?"

"I'll show you some baby Cady videos," Cady hums, stroking through Janis' half-blonde hair. "All the most embarrassing ones of me throwing temper tantrums in Swahili, and playing tag with baby elephants. Whichever ones you want. All you have to do is let me watch these."

Janis considers this for a long moment. Baby Cady must've been cute. Is it worth it? The only thought running through her mind is baby Cady baby Cady baby Cady.

"Fine."

"Yay!"

—————

hope you enjoyed!! see you tomorrow!