day 12: christmas shopping

day 12!! rock and roll hope you're having a good day!!!!!!!

also! :00 two chapters in a row where their ages are important???? no way. but yes!! cady is 22 and janis is 23!

please enjoy!

—————

"Where do you wanna go first, Jayjay?" Cady asks as they step into the mall. Janis is immediately bombarded with blaring Christmas music and tinsel everywhere.

"Uh..." she stutters. "You pick."

"Overwhelmed?" Cady asks gently, squeezing her hand. Janis nods. "We don't have to shop here. I'm overwhelmed too."

"No, you wanted to come. I just need a second," Janis says. "Unless you want to go."

"I'm okay if you are," Cady says. "Let's go get pretzels first."

"Now you're talking," Janis chuckles.

—-

"So why did you wanna come here so badly?" Janis asks around a bite of delicious pretzel.

"You'll see," Cady says mysteriously. Janis raises an eyebrow. "You'll like it, I promise."

"Okay..." Janis replies in confusion. Cady giggles and rolls her eyes.

"You can trust me, come on."

"I do," Janis says. "I just don't like not knowing what you're doing."

"You'll just have to live with it for a couple hours," Cady chuckles. Janis groans and rests her head on their absolutely revolting food court table. "I know, how ever will you live?"

"Don't be mean to me," Janis pouts. "Santa's watching."

"You're one to talk," Cady giggles. "Come here, let me cuddle you better."

Janis continues pouting as she stands up and walks to Cady's side of the table. Cady holds her girlfriend on her lap for the rest of their snack break. She's not complaining, Janis almost never lets her hold her like this.

"You ready to go?" Cady asks once their pretzels have been consumed. Janis shakes her head. "No?"

"I like it here," Janis murmurs, cuddling into her neck.

"Oh, really? Every time I ask you if you want me to hold you, you say no," Cady teases.

"Because I like holding you," Janis retaliates. "And you're smaller."

"Not by that much!"

"Seven inches is kind of a lot, Peanut," Janis replies. Cady huffs. "I'm just saying!"

"I'm not small," Cady pouts. "I'm 5'3", damn it."

"Mmhmm," Janis agrees through red cheeks. "That's not small at all."

"Stop laughing!"

"I'm sorry, you're just so cute when you're mad."

"I will drop you," Cady threatens. "On second thought, I'll drop you somewhere else. I don't even wanna think about what this floor's been through."

"Me either," Janis shudders. "I guess we can go."

"I'll cuddle you when we get home," Cady promises. "You can be little spoon aaaall night."

"Okay," Janis says, scrambling off her lap to get moving. "Let's go."

"Where should we go?"

"I don't know, where do you think we should go?"