day 21: inviting friends over

day 21!! getting clooooooser oooh

another one where their ages don't matter!! cady is 24 and janis is 25 but y'all do what you want :)

there's a bit in this one that i just could not figure out how to write. so im just gonna say now, i know the punctuation in that scene is whack as all hell. just. smile through the pain.

anyway! enjoy.

—————

"Whatcha doing, Peanut?" Janis asks as she sweeps the living room.

"I found a box of my old stuff from Africa while I was cleaning up," Cady replies, entering the room with a box. "I was looking through it and lost track of time, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Butterfly. Show me," Janis hums. "If you want me to see."

"I don't have anything to hide, of course you can look," Cady giggles. "Here."

Janis sits on the ground by her wife and peeks into the box she has. It's on the smaller side, clearly just full of the things most precious to Cady that she wanted to keep close during the move to America. A lot of photos, and a few other little trinkets.

"What's this?"

"That's one of the lions' baby teeth. I think that one was from Clarke," Cady says. "I was gonna make a little charm with it or something, but I didn't have a lot of time to myself after we moved."

"Hm," Janis says, looking curiously at the tiny fang in her hand. "Lions have baby teeth?"

"Most mammals do," Cady nods. "They're just harder to keep track of. They get stuck in food and stuff a lot more than human baby teeth do."

"That's kinda freaky. How would a giraffe baby tooth work?" Janis asks. The mental images her brain is supplying are very funny. Cady laughs as well and shakes her head.

"I'm not sure. I never thought of that," she says. "I guess they'd just have a long way down once they fell out."

"I guess so," Janis agrees with a chuckle. "What else is in this box of wonders?"

"I'm not sure, honestly," Cady says. There's a knock at the door. "Oops."

She leaves Janis with the box and heads to get the door. Luckily for them, it's just Damian and Aaron, who won't judge if they aren't totally prepared for company yet.

"Hi guys," she greets. "You look cold."

"They haven't shoveled the parking lot yet and we both forgot to wear boots," Aaron replies as he steps into their apartment. They both politely leave their snow-covered shoes on the mat so they don't track water everywhere.

"Ah, that explains it. Do you guys wanna borrow some socks?" Cady asks in concern. The boys both look at their feet and back at Cady's little ones.

"I don't think any of your socks will fit us, Cads. But thanks for the offer. We'll be fine, it's nice and cozy in here," Damian chuckles. "Where's Janis?"

"She's in the living room," Cady says. "I found a box of some of my stuff from Africa, we've both been a little distracted."

"Ooh," Damian says as she leads them down the hall. Janis looks up when she hears them come in and smiles as she sees her wife and best friends. "Africa treasures?"

"Dame, come here," Janis says happily. Damian sits on the ground next to her and coos as Janis holds out one of the pictures.

"What is it?" Cady asks anxiously.