day 17: making gingerbread houses

day seventeen!! what the actual hell how is it already this late in the month?? anyway.

we're back to their ages not being important!! cady is ~21 and janis is ~22. but imagine whatever you want.

enjoy!!

—————

"Jayjay?"

"Mm?"

"What's a gingerbread house?" Cady asks, wiggling her way into Janis' hold as Janis is in the process of waking up from a nap. Janis opens one eye to peek at what she's up to and gives a small smile.

"Exactly as it sounds."

"A house? Made of gingerbread?" Cady asks, tilting her head. "That doesn't sound very safe."

"They're tiny, Cads, they're like... this big," Janis chuckles, holding her hands up to show the rough dimensions. "Not to live in."

"Oh."

"You wanna make one?" Janis asks knowingly, wrapping her arms tighter around her love to hold her closer.

"Can we?" Cady asks eagerly. Janis chuckles and kisses her forehead.

"Yeah. Come on, let's go buy some kits to put together."

Cady flies out of bed and out the door with a squeal, but comes shuffling back to change out of her pajamas. Janis laughs again and kisses her cheek when Cady pops her head out of her pajama shirt. "I love you."

"I love you too," Cady grins, turning her head to kiss Janis' cheek as well.

—————-

"Why do we need more candy?" Cady asks as Janis leads her to the candy aisle. "I wanna go make 'em."

"We will," Janis says. "Promise. But the kits never have enough candy to do what you want to. We need more supplies."

"Oh." Cady says. "Can we get some just to eat too?"

"Sure, Peanut," Janis chuckles. "l'm not gonna say no."

"Yay," Cady says, doing a little tap dance and adding some Kit-Kats into their basket. She stops suddenly and goes very quiet.

"What's the matter?"

"I don't know your favorite candy," Cady says sadly. "I'm supposed to know this stuff."

"Oh," Janis says. "I don't know yours either, baby, it's okay. I like... basically any chocolate, really. And I like coffee flavored stuff too. Just nothing with dark chocolate or peanut butter."

"What about caramel? These are coffee flavored," Cady says, pointing to a pack of Werther's.

"I love those," Janis nods. Cady adds some to the basket as well.

"What does Damian like? We should get some for him too," Cady says.

"He likes fruit stuff," Janis says. "Jolly Ranchers, that kinda thing."

"Ooh," Cady says, taking a pack and adding them in too.

"What's your favorite?"

"Kit-Kat," Cady replies quietly, pointing to the bag in their basket. "Because it's what you call me."

"Aww," Janis says. "That's cute. Okay, we need, like, mints and those gross gumdrop things."

Cady simply holds the basket, allowing her girlfriend to run around and pick the gingerbread house decorations they need. Janis also grabs a few pouches of colored icing just for fun.