day 8: christmas crafts

day 8!!! rock and roll!!!

second chapter where their ages are important!! cady is 27 and janis is 28!

tw for
pregnancy

enjoy!!

—————

"Jayjay?" Cady asks one morning as her wife is holding her as close as she can around Cady's growing belly.

"Mm?"

"How do you think we should tell everyone?"

"'Bout the babies?"

Cady nods. "I found something, but I wanted to see if you had any better ideas."

"Um... I thought we could make, like, Christmas cards. And then sign them as being from all of us," Janis says.

"Aww, that's adorable," Cady coos. "I wanna do that."

"What did you have in mind? You said you found something," Janis says. Cady rolls herself out of bed with a good deal of effort and heads to the closet. Janis watches as she grabs a bag and pulls out a large t-shirt.

"I might've done more than find, but... these," Cady mumbles. She turns around to reveal that the shirt says 'Best gay uncle ever.' in big letters on the front. "This one is Damian's, but I got one for all of them."

Janis bursts out laughing and rolls out of bed herself, heading to feel the material of the shirt. "These are awesome. I kinda want one."

"Tell Santa," Cady giggles. "Maybe he'll bring you one."

"I'll add it to my list," Janis says, gently resting her hands on either side of Cady's tummy. "You're so cute. I love this belly."

"It's growing on me," Cady jokes, earning herself a groan. "No, come on, that was a good one!"

"I'm supposed to be making the dad jokes," Janis says, trying to hold back a laugh.

"Come ooon, you're trying not to laugh," Cady teases, kissing Janis' nose. "I can be funny."

"You are funny," Janis admits, finally releasing a chuckle. "You're so funny."

"Thank you. I'll leave most of the jokes to you, though," Cady says. "Now come on, I wanna make these cards."

—-

Ten minutes and several loud profanities from Janis later finds them sitting next to each other at their coffee table, which has been covered in all the craft materials Janis managed to dig out of a sort of Jenga tower in her studio room. Cady dives in immediately, pulling out a book of construction paper and a pack of pipe cleaners.

Janis smiles and takes the pages Cady pulls out, folding them in half to make a card shape.

"You have better handwriting, maybe you should write the message," Cady says, carefully ripping out a blue paper.

"Okay," Janis says, grabbing a pen. She reads aloud as she carefully writes, "Happy Holidays from Janis, Cady, L. & L. Sarkisian-Heron."

"Perfect," Cady smiles. She pulls out enough papers to make a card for all five of their friends and then starts decorating the ones Janis is finished with. "Kind of crazy to think we'll have two little ones to celebrate with next year."

"Yeah," Janis agrees. "I'm excited. First Christmases are always special. And they'll be big enough to really get some enjoyment out of it."

"Yeah, I forgot about that," Cady hums. "They'll be about six months old. Our little squishies. I cant wait."