day 7: binging christmas movies

DAY SEVEN WHOOOOA ONE WHOLE WEEK!!

yet another chapter where their ages do not matter. cady is ~25 and janis is ~26 but again. do what ye will.

enjoy!!

—————

"Whatcha doing?" Janis asks, heading into the kitchen and finding her wife preparing their 'movie casserole', which is just popcorn with lots of other snacks mixed in, in a rather large quantity.

"Movie night prep," Cady says, dumping a whole bag of pretzels into the bowl.

"This is... kind of a lot of snacks, Cads, we just ate dinner," Janis says anxiously.

"Oh, you misunderstand, my love," Cady says ominously. Janis looks at her in fright.

"Movie night?"

"Yeah. All night," Cady says, shaking the bowl a few times to mix everything together. "Movie night."

"Oh." Janis says. That doesn't sound too bad. "What are we watching?"

"Holiday movies!"

"Son of a bitch."

—————

Their snackarole is about half gone after the first movie, Home Alone. Cady has slowly shifted all the blankets and cushions off of the couch and to the ground to create a little cuddle nest, complete with a perfect view of the TV. The last addition is Janis, who gets aggressively tugged into it by an ankle and lands on some cushions with an 'Oof'.

"How-how long are you planning on keeping this going, Peanut?" Janis yawns.

"'Til morning," Cady says happily, cuddling into Janis' side and resting her head on her chest. Janis yawns again. "I'm supposed to be the sleepy one, are you okay?"

"Sleepy," Janis hums. "I'll be right back."

Cady pouts as she clambers her way out of their nest and goes to grab something from the kitchen. She seems confused when Janis returns with a six pack of Red Bull and a bag of... something.

"Where did that come from?"

"Secret stash," Janis says. "For when I have to stay up late doing art."

"Oh." Cady says. "What is it?"

"Energy drink and chocolate covered espresso beans," Janis says, plopping back down next to her and tearing into the bag.

"Espresso beans?" Cady asks in confusion. "Like, the whole thing?"

"I think so," Janis shrugs. "You wanna investigate?"

Cady nods eagerly and digs through the bag for some specimens like a little squirrel. It's a large bag and they'll both need the energy, so Janis is content to let her have as many as she wants.

Cady, for whatever reason, puts the first one to her ear. Janis turns to look at her in confusion and bursts out laughing.

"Have you been able to hear beans before?"

"You have to use all your senses in science!" Cady defends. "I'm being thorough."

"You're so cute," Janis hums, leaning in for a kiss. Cady returns it and crawls into her lap to continue her experiments.

"Smells like chocolate. And the inside smells like... coffee." Cady hums, almost completely tuning her wife out in her concentration.

"Checks out."

"I think it is the whole bean," Cady says confusedly. "Just shelled, maybe. And then it's covered in... milk chocolate?"

Janis checks the bag to confirm her conclusions. "Yep."