~Chapter 1~

I glanced out my bedroom window to see shadows dance across the yard. I wiped the blurriness from my eyes as I checked my phone. The screen lights up to show 11:30am. " It's a great day to go ride," I said to myself.

I turned around, and walked towards my big, white dresser. I pulled out my pink gear, and ran towards my door. I'm in such a rush, I almost run right into it before I slowly open it. I run down the stairs to the living room, and sauntered into the kitchen slowly. My great grandmother has her back to me, and turned around at the sound of my footsteps. " You are up early!"

I rolled my eyes. " I want to go ride before the boys take over the fields."

I usually spend all my extra time at my great grandmothers. Not just because I'm really close to her, but my bike is here too. At my parents, they started development in the field beside my house so I can't ride in it anymore. One plus side to being here and not having wifi at all, there are lots of fields! They are all connected in some way, so I can go for hours driving around.

" You need to eat before you go anywhere!" My great grandmother declared, walking towards the freezer.

" I will just have some hashbrowns and an egg I guess," I said, walking towards the bathroom.

" Piece of toast too?"

" Sure."

I closed the bathroom door, and started getting dressed. I pulled my pink dirt bike pants on, and pulled my jacket over my head. My jacket is pink too, and has " Skye 16" on the back. I picked up my hairbrush, and ran it through my lower back length, brown hair. I liked riding early in the morning since there aren't any guys driving because it is considered "too early" for them.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I decided to put some eyeliner and mascara on in case I did see anyone. I don't want to look like a complete hobo.

" Come eat before it gets cold!" My great grandmother yelled.

" Okay, chill!" I yelled back with a hint of laughter in my voice.

I sat down at the table and started eating. My phone buzzed beside me, and I picked it up to see a new text message from my older brother, Jake.

Jake: Want to ride today? I have the day off and I have nothing else to do. You can still go for your morning ride. I won't be there until 3:00pm.

Me: Ok. Text me when you are close to here. Bring me a coffee from Tim Hortons.

I set my phone back down and looked at my great grandmother as I finished eating. " Jake's coming later to ride," I said, placing my dishes in the sink.

" Alright. Don't waste all your gas this ride then! Be careful," My great grandmother lectured.

I nodded, and put my phone in my jacket pocket. I walked to the door, and placed my white dirt bike boots on my feet. I said a quick goodbye, and walked out the door.

The cool, early summer breeze hit my face as I walked towards the barn. My great grandfather built this barn before he passed away before I was born. I opened the large, eggshell white door and walked towards my bike, a Kawasaki KX125 2- stroke. I pushed it out of the large barn, and grabbed my pink helmet, goggles, and gloves from my shelf. I put the helmet, gloves, and pink goggles on. I sat on my bike, and kick-started it. I held the clutch in as I shifted to 1st, and I let it out slowly as I turned towards the field entrance from my backyard.