~Chapter 30~

I walked into my great grandmother's house the day after I won the race. Diesel came running up to me, and Shadow hissed in my arms. " Kaylie!" My great grandmother yelled, making her way over to me.

" It's not just me," I giggled as she hugged me tight.

" Jake! Kolby!" My great grandmother exclaimed, hugging each of them.

" Hey. Alright, well, I better get going," Jake murmured, " You want a ride home, Kolby?"

" No," My great grandmother interrupted, " He can stay here. I bet you all are tired after the trip."

I smiled, and looked at Kolby. " Please?"

Kolby smiled, and nodded. " Ok. I'll stay."

Jake smiled at the both of us. " I will see you guys tomorrow."

I nodded, and started to take my bags upstairs. I placed them on the floor, and collapsed on my bed. Shadow crawled up beside me, purring, and Diesel cuddled in beside him.

Kolby entered my room, and shut the door. " It's only 12pm. Do you want to sleep or what?" He asked.

" Sleep," I replied, my eyes starting to close.

I felt the bed dip as Kolby joined me. He wrapped his arms around me, and I looked into his eyes. " I'm so tired," I whimpered.

" I know," Kolby replied, " Go to sleep."

" Can we go riding tomorrow?"

" Yes. I will call my dad and see if he can drop my bike off."

I smiled, and Kolby kissed my forehead. Resting my head on his hard chest, I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes, and looked at the clock. It was 5pm, and I was still tired. I looked to my side, and saw Diesel's body wrapped around Shadow. I looked to my other side, and saw that Kolby was gone.

I jumped up, trying not to wake the furbabies as I walked to my mirror. I took a makeup wipe, and wiped the eye makeup from under my eyes. I brushed my hair, and tied it into a messy bun.

Walking out of my room, I heard 3 voices downstairs. One was my great grandmother, the other was Kolby, and the last was his dad. Why is his dad here?

I walked down the stairs, and everyones heads turned to look at me. " You're awake!" Kolby exclaimed happily.

I smiled warmly, and sat down on the couch close to him. His dad looked at me with bright eyes. " Congratulations on the races," He said.

" Thanks," I replied, my voice cracking from sleep, " I still can't believe everything."

" I'm guessing you're wondering why my dad is here," Kolby murmured, wrapping his arm over my shoulders, " He dropped my bike off. I couldn't sleep, so I just stayed with you until he came."

" Oh," I replied, glancing at the box with a bow on the table.

My great grandmother looked at me, then at Kolby's dad. His dad looked at the box, and his eyes widened. " Oh yes, this is yours," He said, handing me the box.

Smiling back, I opened the lid and pulled out a silver necklace that had a dirt bike and my initials carved in it along with the date I won the world finals. " No," I said, shaking my head, " I can't accept this."

" Yes you can," Kolby's dad replied, " It was me, Kolby, and Madison's idea."

" This is amazing," I breathed, looking at Kolby, " Thank you."

Kolby's dad smiled once more, then stood up. " Well, I better get going. See you around guys!"

" Goodbye, and thank you for the gift," I said.

" Bye dad," Kolby murmured.

My great grandmother got up, and walked him to the door. Kolby sighed next to me, and I looked over at him. His eyes were bloodshot, and he looked extremely exhausted. " Are you ok?" I asked, worry filling my voice.

" Yeah, I'm just tired. If I slept when you had a nap I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. I will be alright tomorrow, I promise."

Smiling, I pressed my lips to his. He kissed me back, and bit my bottom lip gently. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

" What do you guys want to eat?" My great grandmother asked.

We pulled away, and I glared at her. " I don't care," I replied, " Anything will be good."

" Ok," She replied, then gave us a smirk, " You know, if you wanted some privacy, there's a bedroom up there."

" Excuse me!" I yelled, covering my face with a pillow.

My great grandmother went into the kitchen, laughing. I removed the pillow from my face, and Kolby smirked at me. " You're blushing again."

" Kolby!" I exclaimed, pushing the pillow into his face playfully.

I jumped off the couch, and ran upstairs. I went into my bedroom, shut my door, and crawled under the bed. Attempting to control my breathing, I heard footsteps outside of my door. Everything went quiet, and then my door burst open. I let out a squeak of surprise, and placed my hand over my mouth.

" I know you're in here, Kaylie," Kolby whispered, going over to my closet.

He opened the door, and shut it again. I held my breath when I saw him walking around, and stopping right in front of me. " What the hell," He whispered to himself, " Maybe she's in the other room."

With that, he walked out of my room, and shut the door. I quickly crawled out from under my bed, and hid inside my closet.

I tried to supress a giggle when Kolby came back into my room, and shut the door angrily. I watched him from the crack in the closet door, and he sat down on the bed, defeated.

I was just about to make my appearance, when he looked up and glared right at me. Oh shit, I said to myself as he walked over to the closet. He opened the door slowly, and smirked when he saw me standing in the corner. " Found you."

" Yeah, but can you catch me?" I asked.

I attempted to push him out of the way, but didn't succeed. I glared at him, and he threw me over his shoulder. Hanging my hands on his back, he set me down on the bed. " You done escaping?" He asked, pressing my wrists against my pillow.

" Maybe, maybe not," I replied teasingly.

Kolby smirked, and leaned in. I turned my head, and started to laugh. " Oh, come on!" Kolby exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes, and grabbed his shirt quickly, causing him to flinch. I pulled him in closer, and just when our faces were inches apart, I looked into his eyes. " I love you," I whispered.

" I love you too," Kolby replied, smiling warmly.

I pressed my lips to his, and Kolby kissed back instantly.

" Supper's ready!" My great grandmother yelled from downstairs.

We pulled away, and I couldn't help but smile as Kolby led me down the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Only one more chapter to go :o. I'll announce the second books title on the last chapter. Bye!