~Chapter 13~

I woke up to Kolby's arm wrapped around my waist. I looked at the clock, and saw that it was only 9:30am. I went to sit up, but Kolby's grip tightened. " Stay," He mumbled sleepily.

I smiled, and layed back down, facing him. His eyes slowly opened, and he smiled softly. " Good morning," I whispered.

" Good morning," He replied.

Oh my gosh his morning voice is so cute, I said to myself, looking into Kolby's eyes. He leaned forward, and kissed my forehead. Shivers went through my whole body, and I buried my face in his chest. He smells pretty good too. " I think my great grandmother loves you," I murmered.

" I'd say so," Kolby laughed softly.

We layed still, listening to each others breathing, until 10:00am. I got dressed in my great grandmother's room as Kolby got dressed in my room. We then made our way down stairs, and sit at the kitchen table. My great grandmother turned around from the stove, and smiled. " How was your guy's sleep?"

" Great," Me and Kolby replied in unison, and I looked over at him, blushing slightly.

" That's good. Here, I made something for you guys to eat," My great grandmother said, handing us each a plate of bacon and eggs.

Once we finished eating, I looked at Kolby. " So do you want to go get your bike or what? You can drive Jake's if you want."

" I may as well just ride Jake's. If he doesn't mind."

I shook my head. " No he won't."

Kolby smiled, and we both stood up. We walked over to the door, and put on our shoes. Kolby held the door for me, and I smiled gratefully as I walked outside and into the sun. Kolby grabbed my hand as we walked to the barn together. He opened the door, and looked at me and Jake's bikes. " Um, which one is Jake's?" He asked, " They are both the exact same!"

" His is the one with the green outlined seat," I giggled.

Kolby smirked, and we grabbed the helmets off the shelf. I pushed my bike out first, and stopped when I got outside to check the gas. " My bike's fine for gas. How about that one?" I ask as Kolby stopped beside me.

He opened the lid, and peered inside. " It's completely full."

I smiled, and put my helmet on. I kick-start my bike, and yelled out in triumph when it started first kick. Kolby started his on the 4th kick, and I followed him out of the yard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kolby held his hand up as we continued on the dirt path through a dense forest. I slowed down, and tried to look passed him to see why we were stopping. Then, I spotted him. Jinx was on his back beside his red dirt bike. Kolby and I shut off our bikes, and he rushes over to him. " Hey, you ok man?" He asked, looking down at him.

A metallic scent filled my nose. " Ah, Kolby," I started, as he turned around to face me, " I smell blood."

His eyes widened, and Jinx groaned as he tried to move. I saw blood drops on the ground where he was laying. " Guys, leave," He mumbled.

Kolby snapped his head back to glare at Jinx. " No way. You're my best friend. I'm not leaving you to... Die."

I pulled my phone out of my pocket. " Damn, of course there's no service."

The bushes behind me rustled, and I jumped slightly. Kolby stood in front of me, and I stood over Jinx. The people that came out of the bush were Mark, Cole, and Alex. Mark glared at me. " Should listen to him. We have guy business to take care of."

" And what would that be?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

" He has been hitting on my girl," Cole snapped, pointing at Jinx.

" So you shot him in the back? Are you insane?" I almost screamed out.

Cole took a gun out of his pocket, and smirked. " Why not? He should know not to mess with Ashley. She's mine."

" She isn't even dating you!" Jinx cried out, " She should be able to date whoever she wants!"

" Shut up," Mark snapped, " Cole put the gun away. We can handle this without shooting someone again."

Kolby took a step forward, his fist curled by his sides. No, don't do it. Please don't do it. I grabbed his arm quickly, but he pulled it away. He kept walking towards Cole, then he swung at him. He hit Cole right on the cheek, and sent him falling to the ground. Mark and Alex gasped, and moved out of the way as Cole flung himself at Kolby. " Easy!" Alex yelled.

" This is actually hilarious. Both of them don't even know how to actually fight," Mark laughed.

I gasped as Cole pinned Kolby to the ground and placed the gun on his forehead. " I'd stop unless you want your girlfriend to see you get killed!" He yelled.

Mark and Alex pull Cole off Kolby, and Cole wriggled free. He went to run at Kolby again, but Alex pushed him to the ground. " This has gone too far! We're leaving, now!" Alex snapped.

" Not until I kill him!" Cole screeched, standing up and pointing the gun at Jinx.

" You shot him in the back, isn't that enough?" Mark yelled, " Look, we could be charged with murder! We will probably be charged with assult! Is that what you want? "

" You were all about this a min-"

" That was until you took the gun out and was about to actually kill him! I thought we could just beat him a little bit!"

" Guys, stop I'm fine!" Jinx yelled, wincing as he stood up, " I won't press charges. Just leave me and my friends alone."

I saw the consideration in Mark's blue eyes. He looked over at Alex, who still had a hand grasping Cole's arm. " Alex, it's your call."

Alex glared at Jinx, Kolby, then me. His cold, green eyes burned my cheeks, and I gave him a pleading look. Finally, he sighed. " I'm not leaving Jinx here, though. Guys, I didn't want to do this in the first place, so I'm definitely not leaving him to suffer."

" Well, me and Cole can go get my truck, while you guys stay here. Then we take him to the hospital," Mark said, " But what are we going to tell the doctors?"

I decided to speak up. " Tell them Cole was shooting cans in the woods when he didn't see Jinx approaching and he shot him by mistake."

Everyone looked at me, their jaws open. " That's good," Mark murmured, " Ok, well let's hurry. Cole put the gun down!"

Cole sighed, and put the gun back in his pocket. They both disappeared into the bushes, and I heard dirt bikes start up minutes after. I looked back at Alex, and his face was as pale as a ghost. Why are guys so stupid, I asked myself, they think everything can be solved with violence.