~Chapter 31~

Since Kolby's dad dropped his bike off, we decided to go riding after we were finished our supper. I leaned back on the kitchen chair, and my phone started to vibrate. I picked it up quickly, and answered the phone call. " Hello?"

" Hello, stranger," My mom laughed.

" Hey mom."

" When are you going to be home so we can come and give you your gift for winning the race?"

I let out a sigh. " Me and Kolby are going riding soon, so maybe tomorrow? I will be here all day because it's supposed to rain."

There was silence on the other end, and I heard my dad's voice. " I'm free for tomorrow," He murmured.

" Am I on speaker?" I asked, annoyed.

I heard laughter on the other end of the phone call, and I looked over at Kolby. He was smiling at me, and I couldn't help but smile back. My great grandmother went into the living room, and I tapped my foot on the floor. " I got to go," I muttered, " Tomorrow then?"

" Yes, see you tomorrow!" My mom said, hanging up.

I set my phone on the table, and Kolby laughed. " No goodbyes?"

" She didn't give me a chance to say goodbye. Lets go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kolby turned onto the dirt path leading to the forest trail, and I followed quickly. I started to feel someone's eyes burning into my back, and I quickly turned around. There were two guys behind me, and I recognized them instantly: Mark and Cole.

As we drove into the dense trees, I pulled up beside Kolby. " Cole and Mark are behind us!" I yelled.

" How long have they been following us?" He yelled back.

" I looked back just before we went into the woods and that's when I saw them. Can we turn back?"

Kolby nodded, and we continued to follow the track until we reached a large clearing. It was the clearing Cole shot Jinx at. Kolby turned off the track, and we stopped side by side. Cole and Mark slowed down, and passed us. I turned back onto the track, and Kolby followed behind me. " Go faster!" He yelled.

I turned around, and saw Mark and Cole following us again. What is their problem? Shifting up to fourth, I drove out of the canopy of trees. Kolby rode up beside me as the road got nearer. We stopped, and looked both ways before continuing onto the road that led back to the house.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I drove up the driveway. Turning around, I saw Mark and Cole drive by, both glaring into the yard. I held in the kill switch, and jumped off my bike. I glanced over at Kolby while I pushed my bike to the barn, and he followed behind me. " I don't know what their problem was," I said.

" I don't know either," He replied.

I pushed my bike into the barn, and placed it on the stand. " Since Jake took his bike to the shop, you can use his stand for tonight," I murmured, placing my helmet on the shelf.

Kolby smiled warmly at me, and set his bike on the stand beside mine. I walked over to him, and he wrapped one arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his side. We watched the sun go down in silence, and listened to the crickets chirping softly in the darkness. I didn't notice I was falling asleep until Kolby rubbed my back. " Come on, it's late," He said.

I looked up at him, and he pecked my lips. We walked outside, and I pulled the barn door shut, making sure to lock it. I grasped Kolby's hand, and we walked back to the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jolt awake from the noise of a loud diesel engine driving by my bedroom window. I turned to my clock, and the red numbers said it's 3:05am. Turning to look at Kolby, I bit my lip. Should I wake him up? I asked myself. Sighing, I got out of bed and walked silently to the door. I opened it, and Diesel's barking filled my ears. Shadow rushed passed my feet, and I looked into my room to see him settling down on the bed.

I walked down the stairs, shining my phone on the ground so I didn't trip. " Diesel?" I whispered.

I turned on the kitchen light, and rushed to the door. Diesel perked his ears up when he saw me, and let out a low growl. I grabbed my coat, put on my shoes, and unlocked the door. " Are you coming boy?" I asked Diesel.

He barked, and I let out a frightened laugh as I stepped outside. The cold night air hit my face as I ran to the barn. I fumbled with the key in my pocket, and shone the light on the lock. Gasping, I looked at the busted piece of metal. No, no, no, this can't be happening. I pushed open the door, and Diesel barked furiously. I looked back at the house, and saw my great grandmothers bedroom light turn on. " Shit," I muttered.

My body started to tremble as my fingers touched the lightswitch. Just as I turned the lights on, the house door burst open and I heard Kolby and my great grandmothers voices. I placed my hand over my mouth and fell to the ground, tears flowing down my cheeks. Nothing came out of my mouth but sobs. " Kaylie! What's... No way," Kolby exclaimed.

He sat down beside me, and pulled me to his body. I cried into his shoulder, and he rubbed my back. " What's going on?" My great grandmother asked, then let out a gasp.

" Call the cops," Kolby ordered.

I looked up, and my great grandmother walked over to the phone on the wall. " Hello? Yes, I got an issue," My great grandmother started.

I felt tears dry on my face, and Kolby turned me so that I was facing him. " Don't cry please," He whispered, his eyes starting to water, " They will find it."

" I-It's gone," I managed to say.

" No, the cops will find it ok?" Kolby murmured, kissing the top of my head, " Trust me. I'll text Jake to come over, and maybe he will meet the truck on the way."

I stared at the empty space, and cried until I couldn't cry anymore. My most prized and valuable possession was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

A little bit of a cliffhanger to end the book. I couldn't figure out how to end it, so I came up with this idea! Hope you all liked it and will check out the second book! It's going to be called The Life of A Motocross Girl 2: Gone. The first part will be up soon, thanks everyone!