~Chapter 2~

After riding for about 30 minutes, I come upon a large meadow blooming with a deep violet flowers. My breath caught in my throat as I stopped my bike, and held in the red kill switch until it turned off completely. I hopped off it, and took off my helmet to take in the sight.

A dense forest surrounded the meadow on each side. The violet flowers blowed in the gentle wind, their scent travelling to my nose. The rays from the sun made the flower's yellow centers glow.

I pulled my phone out of my jacket pocket, and took a few pictures. I have never seen anything like this before, and I wasn't sure if I would see this meadow again.

I was about to walk back towards my bike when I heard a noise coming closer towards me from the field beside the one I was in. It's too early for the boys to be out yet, I said in my head as I checked the time on my phone. I glared around, and soon enough, I see a bright yellow dirt bike approaching from the same path I came from.

I start to panic. I didn't want anyone to know I drove dirt bikes, that's why I tried to ride as early as I could. I was afraid people would make fun of me for being a 16 year old girl who rides.

I sighed in defeat as the bike came to a stop beside mine. The rider shut it off, and took off his helmet as I walked towards him. He had medium length brown hair that had blonde highlights in it, and green eyes. He was about 5"5 and I had to admit, kind of cute.

" Hey," He said shyly, smiling and fixing his hair.

" Uh, h-hi," I stuttered, and crossed my arms, " I thought I would be the only one out here until at least 5:00 at night."

The boy smirked." I like to ride early. Some of the guys out here aren't what you would call friendly to newcomers."

" You just moved here?"

" Yeah, about a week ago. Anyways, I'm Kolby Reynolds," He replied, removing his glove and holding out his hand.

I shook it slowly. " Kaylie Skye. I'm staying with my great grandmother for the summer. People started development in the field next to my house, so I moved my bike here. It's hard to ride when everyone is building houses in the fields."

Kolby crossed his arms and leaned against his bike. " You sort of looked freaked when you saw me. Why's that?"

My face burned as I looked down at my feet. " I don't want anyone to know I ride dirt bikes. I'm scared everyone will make fun of me for riding instead of going to the mall and partying like every other 16 year old girl," I confessed, " So don't tell anyone, please?"

Kolby smiled, and my heart caught in my throat. " I don't know anyone around here anyways, so who would I tell?"

I smiled and looked into his green eyes. Most of the guys here in Freetown are total jerks. At least he's nice, I thought to myself, and cute.

" Kaylie?"

I blinked a few times as I awoke from my daze. " Sorry?"

Kolby laughed. " I asked if you wanted to hang out sometime. You're really nice and I want to know at least one person here."

My palms started to get sweaty. " Y-yeah for sure! Do you have a phone?"

Kolby put his hand into his bright green jacket, and pulled out his phone. He looked at me, and I gave my number to him. " Thanks! So I better get going. I need to take my bike into the shop today and get it tuned up. See you later!"

I watched as Kolby put his green helmet onto his head, and kick-started his dirt bike. I waved, and smiled as I watched him drive down the long, dirt path.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled into my great grandmothers yard just as Jake's dark blue Ford Mustang pulled into the driveway. He honked the horn as I turned my bike off, and I rushed towards him as I took my helmet off. He got out of the car with a Tim Hortons medium Double Double in his hand. " You are my lifesaver," I murmured, taking the coffee cup.

Jake smiled. " No problem, Shortie."

That's Jake's nickname for me. I'm 5"1, so I'm really short compared to all the other girls my age. Jake is the opposite. He is at least 5"8, and has dark brown, medium length hair. He has blue eyes, and my best friend, Jillisa, said that they could make any girl melt.

Jake looked at the sky, and then to the barn. " So," He says, opening the back door of the car and pulling out his yellow gear, " Let's go shred some dirt!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So this is my first book and I hope you like it so far. I thought this would be fun to do when I had absolutely nothing to do at home. It does get better, I promise!