~Chapter 8~

I gave my bike one last wipe with the damp cloth before I threw it in the garbage bin. I pulled my hair into a loose bun, and sat on my dark, wooden deck. It was another nice day, about 30°C, and a thin layer of white, fluffy clouds dotted the sky.

Then I heard it. The sound of a two stroke coming up the driveway towards me. I turned around, and saw Kolby stop right in front of my bike. He was driving a 2008 Suzukijr125. He had a backpack flung over his shoulders, and he shut his bike off. " So, you ready?"

I stood up, and grabe my helmet. " Was ready an hour ago," I joked, pulling my helmet over my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kolby slowed down ahead of me as we drove along a familiar dirt path. I narrowed my eyes against the sun as I looked ahead of me, and noticed where we were going instantly. We were going to the meadow where we first met.

We stopped at the entrance to the field, and I shut my bike off. I jumped off, and took in the purple flowers blooming everywhere. I took my helmet off, and the soft wind blew in my face. " I thought this would be cute," Kolby said, placing his bag down and pulling a blanket out.

I sat on the blanket, and he took out a container of strawberries, a smaller one filled with sugar, and water bottles. He sat down beside me, and I grabbed a strawberry. " This is amazing," I said breathlessly, dipping it in sugar.

" Really? I thought this would be cheesy."

" It's not," I laughed, glancing around nervously when I heard an engine off in the distance.

" You still don't want people to know about you riding?"

I looked at Kolby straight in the eye. " No. To be honest I didn't know if I wanted to come today with you in case someone was around."

Kolby's eyes softened. " I hope you don't think I will spill your secret."

I looked at my feet, and shrugged my shoulders.

" Kaylie!"

" What?"

" I'm not that type of guy," He defended, " I know some can be real jerks but I'm not, trust me."

I bit my lip. Maybe he is different then all the other guys around this neighborhood. " Okay, I believe you," I murmured, smiling up at him.

" Good! Now I got something to ask you," Kolby said, and smiles, " I wanted to ask you this the first day we met but I figured you would say no for sure since you didn't k-."

I cut him off. " I don't got all day, bud!"

He smiled nervously, and a shade of red stained his cheeks. " Will you be my girlfriend?"

I almost dropped my strawberry I was eating. I can't believe one of the cutest guys around here asked me to be his girlfriend. I instantly said what popped into my mind. " Yes!" I almost screamed.

Kolby's green eyes brighten, and he pressed his lips against mine. The kiss lasted for a minute, and when I pulled away, Kolby wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close. I never felt so protected in all my life, and I smiled to myself into Kolby's shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I pushed the kickstand down on my bike inside the barn, I felt arms wrap around my waist. " Text me later, okay?" Kolby whispered into my ear.

" Ok," I whispered back, shivers going down my neck.

I turned around, and Kolby leaned down and kissed me gently. " I should go. I got to meet my buddies at Razy's."

I nodded and hugged him one last time. " I love you," I whispered, unsure of the reply I would get.

" I love you too."

I pulled away, and Kolby smiled as he walked towards the barn door. I set my helmet on my shelf, and the sound of Kolby's dirt bike faded away. I glanced back at my bike beside Jake's, and smiled to myself.

I shut the barn door, and walked to the house. As soon as I opened the door, my great grandmother came rushing to me. " Who was that?" She asked, a smile plastered on her face.

" Kolby," I replied, smiling.

" Are you two together?"

" Gran!" I scolded, and took off my boots, " Maybe."

My great grandmother clapped her hands. " You guys are too cute! I saw you in the barn!"

" You watched us?"

My great grandmother laughed, and walked back to the kitchen. I got up to my room, and changed into more comfortable cloths. I layed on my bed, and texted Jillisa.

Me: Hey.

Jillisa: Hey chick! What's going on?

Me: I just got back from a date I guess you could call it. What about you?

My phone was silent for a few minutes, and I heard a knock coming from downstairs. The door squeaked open, and I heard Jillisa talking to my great grandmother. Minutes later, she was at my door. " Tell me everything," She said, laying down beside me.

I told her everything. Starting from the first time I met Kolby to the last time I saw him. Jillisa would give little squeals or say "aw," and listen contently.

I smiled. " So, yeah. I guess you could say we are dating now."

" That's absolutely so cute! Oh, I'm staying the night by the way. I will have to call Kolby and tell him not to hurt my bestest friend or I will break his face," Jillisa said.

I looked over at her, raising my eyebrows. " Bestest?"

" That's what I said, man!"

Me and Jillisa burst out laughing. " Since we have a few hours until supper," I started, giggling, " I'm going to teach you how to ride my bike!"

Jillisa stopped laughing, and fear crossed her face. " I can't! I will break it."

" They are basically impossible to break."

Jillisa got off my bed, and stood up. " Ok, trainer!" She screamed, " Let's go shred some rubber!"

" Dirt."

" Shred some dirt!"

I laughed, and we head down the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N so I don't even know if a 2008 Suzukijr125 actually exists lol I just made it up. Anyways, byeee!