~Chapter 21~

I walked into the kitchen to see Jake leaning over his cup of coffee at the table, pressing his fingers on both sides of his head. He had his back turned to me, so I picked up the heavy phone book that was on the couch, smirking. I dropped it on the floor, and Jake turned around quickly, pain crossing his face. " Kaylie," He whimpered.

I laughed, and went to the fridge. I grabbed some orange juice, and sat down across from Jake. His eyes were blood shot, and he looked pale. " You ok?" I asked.

" Yeah, just great," Jake mumbled, " I made coffee. There's some left in the pot."

I grabbed a cup, and filled it with coffee. The cream and sugar were on the table, along with an extra spoon. I sat back down, and started stirring the cream and sugar in the coffee, making a clicking noise every time the spoon hit the side of the mug. Jake grabbed my hand, and I jolted upward at the coldness of it. " Don't," He whispered, rubbing his head.

" Jake, you're freezing. Are you sure you're ok?"

" I don't know," Jake murmured, anguish filling his voice, " I don't even know what she gave me, Kaylie. She most likely drugged me."

I narrowed my eyes. " I know how to find out. Give me your phone. Did she give you her number last night?"

Jake nodded, handing me his phone, and I found Ashley's number on it. I started to text it.

Me: Hey, this is Jake.

Ashley: How are you feeling, Jakey?

I looked up at Jake, and tilted my head. " Jakey?" I asked.

Jake shrugged, and I continued texting Ashley.

Me: Haven't felt like this in a long time! Last night felt great! What did you give me?

Ashley: The classic Greene family mix of Vodka and a caffeine pill.

Me: Nice. Well I got to go.

I turned off the phone, and looked at Jake. " Vodka and caffeine pills. I didn't think they made those."

" I didn't either. All I know is I feel disgusting right now. And I'm freezing."

I nodded, and stood up. " Come here."

Jake stood up too, wincing, and followed me to the couch. I motioned for him to sit, and ran to the closet in the hallway to get blankets. I grabbed three heavy ones, and walked back over to Jake.

I put the blankets on him, and handed him the remote for the T.V. " I'm sorry," Jake said quietly.

" For what?" I asked, sitting down next to him.

" Didn't it scare you to see me like that?"

I shook my head. " No. It was pretty hilarious, actually. You fell off the deck when I tried to get you inside."

Jake looked at me, then at his arm. " That's how I got the bruise."

I laughed, and Jake decides on a show to watch. We sat in silence, until Jake finally broke it by muting the T.V. " I don't think you ever told me why you hated that girl Ashley so much."

I took a deep breath, and told him everything. I told him everything from the night she called the cops at the abandoned house party, to last night. Jake listened the whole time silently, and never moved a muscel. " So she's apparently going to get revenge," I finished.

" Seems like a crazy one."

I nodded. " Yeah. I just hope you will be ok for our trip."

Jake gave me a reassuring smile. " I will, don't worry. I wouldn't miss that trip for anything."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt like a parent taking care of their sick child all day. I made Jake have a nap, even though he said he didn't need it. The color in his face started coming back, but he was still cold. His eyes weren't as bloodshot as they were in the morning, and his head ache subsided after taking almost five Tylenol.

I leaned over the couch to see Jake fast asleep. I turned on his phone, and called the one person I needed to give a long talk to.

" Hello?" Ashley said quietly.

" Yeah, hi!" I replied, trying to sound cheerful, " Thanks for getting my brother drunk and drugging him! You're lucky he didn't die."

" Get used to this. It's only a matter of time before I do this to Kolby. Exept, maybe I will increase the dosage of pills next time," Ashley threatened.

" Go anywhere near anyone I love again, and trust me, you will regret it."

" Yeah, ok girly. I got to go! Have a great day!"

Ashley hung up, and I put the phone on the living room table. I sat down on the couch by Jake's feet, and crossed my arms. " Shove your have a good day up your as-"

" Kaylie," Jake whispered, causing me to jump.

" What?"

" Try and be quiet. This boy is trying to sleep, and he's still got a head ache."

I sighed, and looked over at him. " Sorry. What do you want for supper so I can start making something?"

Jake opened his eyes sleepily. " I don't know if I can keep anything down. Chicken soup I guess."

I got up, and went into the kitchen. I grabbed some left over chicken in the fridge, noodles, and vegetable broth. As I put all the ingredients in the pot, Jake sat down at the table. " Tomorrow is the day we leave."

" I know. I'm so excited!" I replied, stirring the soup.

" I booked a cabin at KOA Campground yesterday. By the look of them on the website, we will be camping like millionaires."

I turned off the burner, and handed Jake a bowl of soup. " I didn't even finish packing."

" I'm leaving here at 4 to pick up Kolby, then we are going straight to KOA. Better be ready," Jake murmured.

" I will."

The soup warmed me up as soon as I took one spoonful. Once I was done, I spent the rest of the night packing, checking on Jake, and figuring out if I should take Diesel with me or not. I came to the conclusion that I would miss him too much, so I will take him on the trip.

It was 2am, and I still didn't feel like sleeping. Diesel looked up at me from the foot of my bed, and I sighed as I grabbed my book from my bedside table and started reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:
I will be making a sequal after this book! I'm going to start writing it as soon as I am done with this one. So keep a look out for that! I will say the name of the sequal on the last chapter, so all of you can keep reading. Bye!