~Chapter 15~

It's been 2 days since Jinx was emitted into the hospital, and today, he was finally allowed to go home. Me and Kolby sat in Kolby's car waiting for Jinx to come out. Finally, we saw him running toward us. He jumped into the backseat, and Kolby turned around. " How are you feeling?" He asked.

" Better. Hospital food sucks though," Jinx replied, chuckling.

Kolby laughed, and turned away from the hospital. Me, Jake, Kolby, Jillisa, and Alex planned a surprise party at Kolby's house for Jinx. Kolby's parents weren't going to be home for 2 days, so it was just going to be the 5 of us partying.

Kolby grasped my hand, and Jinx giggled. " You guys are cute! Kolby, don't screw it up or I will beat your face in!"

" I won't," Kolby replied, a hint of laughter in his voice.

We go to Starbucks, and grabbed Jinx what he calls " real food" and Kolby continued driving. He turned into his driveway 10 minutes later, and Jinx tapped my shoulder. " Why are we here?" He asked quietly.

" It's a surprise," I replied, smiling at him.

Jinx's eyes grew wide, and we all get out of the car. By now, it's pitch black outside. Kolby opened the door to his house, and as soon as Jinx stepped inside, I turned the lights on. Glitter flew everywhere, and I started laughing when I saw the shocked look on Jinx's face. " Welcome back!" Alex, Jillisa, Jake, me, and Kolby yelled in unison.

Jinx's jaw dropped. " Guys, you didn't have to do this!"

" But we wanted to," Alex said, giving Jinx a bro hug.

We all settled down in the living room, and decided to watch all the movies in the Fast and Furious series. Chips, drinks, and candy were set out on the table in advance, so we could start right away on watching the series. Halfway through Tokyo Drift, I went upstairs to the bathroom. I checked myself in the mirror, before opening the door to go back downstairs. I gasped when I saw Kolby leaning against the doorframe. " You scared me!" I said jokingly.

" I want to show you something," He replied, grabbing my hand.

He took me down the hallway, passed his bedroom, and opens a set of doors. I step onto the balcony, and Kolby flicked a light switch. I gasped as the yard brightened with little lights surrounding a path to a huge fire pit. I saw movement from the corner of my right eye, and turned to see Kolby walking down steps attached to the balcony. I followed slowly, and reached the ground, gazing around wildly at the lights.

" Kaylie, over here," Kolby murmured, lighting the fire pit.

I smiled, and made my way to the fire. I sat on a plastic chair next to Kolby, and looked up at the stars. " This is perfect," I whispered.

" I thought we could use a break from your brother staring us down constantly," Kolby said, a hint of laughter in his voice.

" He's overprotective," I replied, " He just doesn't want me to get hurt."

" I would be the same if I had a little sister."

I smiled, and stretched my feet towards the fire to warm them up. We stayed silent for about 10 minutes, until Kolby sighed. " I guess we should head back before they send a search party for us."

I giggled, and he put out the fire with a garden house. I walked back up the stairs, and when I get to the balcony, Kolby grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him. He leaned in, and I smirked, giving him a little peck on the cheek. Kolby stomped his foot on the ground like a kid, and tried again. I did the exact same thing, and Kolby crossed his arms. " Let me kiss you!" He said.

" Nope," I replied, smirking again, " Catch me first."

At that, I ran into the house, and make my way to the guest bedroom. I ran into the walk-in closet, and shut the door. I heard footsteps, then nothing. I narrowed my eyes, trying to see in the darkness. The door flew open, and Kolby pushed me against the wall. " Caught you," He declared.

" I could do something to get away from you, but I'd rather you stay my boyfriend," I said, struggling to contain my laughter.

Kolby looked at me confused, then narrowed his eyes when he understood what I meant. " Better not kick me," He said, smirking.

He crashed his lips against mine, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Our lips moved in sync, then after a few minutes, we both pulled away for air. " Let's go back downstairs," I said, grabbing his hand.

We walked out of the bedroom, and back down the stairs. We sat back down on the couch, and watched the rest of the marathon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and Jake were the last to leave Kolby's around 12am. I put my purple Vans on, and Kolby wrapped his arms around me. " Thanks for coming. Text you tomorrow?"

" Ok, love you," I replied.

" Love you too," Kolby whispered, kissing me quickly.

" Ok, love birds. Time to leave, Kaylie," Jake said with a laugh, " See ya, Kolby."

" Bye guys!" Kolby said, waving to us as we walked to Jake's car.

I jumped into the passenger seat, and Jake turned on the ignition. He backed out of the driveway, and pulled onto the road. " When you guys were gone, you didn't..." He trailed off.

" No, we went outside in the backyard and Kolby lit a fire. He said he wanted to get away from your constant staring," I replied.

Jake turned on the radio. " I still don't trust him. I trust him more than I did when I first met him though. Guess it will take time."

I nodded, and Jake turned into my great grandmothers driveway. He stopped the car in front of the house, and I smiled. " Thanks for taking me tonight."

" No problem. Now, go to sleep right away! You look dead."

" I will. Goodnight, Jake!"

" Goodnight, Kaylie."