4- the names Paige

"Morning" I say to Mr Harvin as I enter the bookstore.

"Morning little duck, a new delivery just came if you wouldn't mind putting it away" he tells me and I nod, heading to the back to put away the books.

Mr Harvin wouldn't even know where half of the books go at this point, I've rearranged his store that much. Smiling to myself I grab the first box, emptying the books into their designated areas.

As I go to grab a second box a pair of shoes appear in my vision, I take note that they're sick green converses. Looking up I greet the customer.

"Hey, how may I help you?" I ask the girl, she looks to be around my age, her hands are stuffed in her pockets and she's trying to look everywhere but me.

"I-um the guy at the counter said you could point me in the right direction of some romance books" She says quickly.

"Oh! Yeah of course." I tell her as I walk in that direction

"Are there any specific tropes you'd like?" I ask her as she follows

"Oh um no" she answers

"That's ok" I begin to point out a few different ones, explaining which ones I've read and which ones I think are better.

"I'm Drew" she mumbles under her breath so quietly I almost don't hear it.

"Nice to meet you Drew! I'm Nova" I tell her as she takes the books

"Do you maybe want to be friends?" She looks at her shoes

"Of course! Let me give you my number" I say and she looks up at me with shock

"What?" I ask

"Oh nothing, people just don't usually want to be friends"

"Everyone could use an extra friend in life, so why not also I love your shoes" I say giving her my phone number

"Oh thanks! They're my favourite." She gives me a smile

"See you around, Nova" she says heading to the counter and I smile waving back. She was so nervous it was cute, I'm excited to have someone to talk about books with. As much as I love Jesse she doesn't really like reading.

Half an hour passes and I have two boxes left to unpack, lucky for me they're the new romance books so I get the first look at the new stock.

Just as I'm about to finish the first box, another pair of shoes appear in my line of vision. These ones are black converse, boring. I grab a few books from the box about to stand up when my bag is dropped on the floor next to it.

"Thank you so much Kai I—" I cut myself off once I stand up, being faced with Max's bored face.

"Oh um thanks Max" he physically tenses and I tilt my head in confusion

"How do you know my name?" He asks

"Oh, Kai told me" I cringe at myself for sounding so dumb

"Thanks anyway for my bag, sorry I forgot it" I say turning back to the shelves

"It's whatever, so you're friends with Kai?"he asks and I nod

"So what's your name?" he grumbles like it physically pains him to talk. I'm not about to let him know my name, he is definitely involved with some sketchy stuff.

I look around for something to give him, any name, I look at the book in my hand and at the shelves. Books? No that's dumb.

"Page" I tell him with a smile