21- shirts and paper rings

Max:

I lay down quietly on Nova's bed as the soft sound of the shower is heard through the door. My eyes wander around her room taking everything in.

There is a full length mirror in one corner, plants and books surrounding it. A set of drawers against the other wall with a small picture of her family and more plants. It's very fitting to the rest of her apartment and matches her personality well.

My eyes fall to a small notebook sitting on her bedside table.

I recognise it... it's the book she was writing in when she was at the store. The one with the story she's writing. My hand runs along the leather bound book, tempted to open its pages and indulge in her progress, to get an insight into what she's writing. My fingers curl over the side of the corner

I know it'd be wrong, it's private, I shouldn't do it. I can't do it. I pull my hand away like it's on fire, guilt instantly clouding my mind at how close I was to reading it.

"Do you snore?" Nova asks, walking into the room with a large black shirt on, heat instantly pulses to my dick when I realise that it's my shirt. How did she get my shirt? I didn't wear that today.

"I'm sorry what?" I ask her again, trying not to focus on the way her nipples poke through the fabric or the way her bare legs look and how they'd feel between my teeth or what's hiding under my shirt.

I was just inside her twenty minutes ago and my dick is still twitching like a schoolboy who's never had sex. I'll never cope if I can't keep my head straight around her.

"Do you snore?" She repeats

"Jesse says I don't snore but if I do just put a pillow on my face" she rambles

"Well don't actually because then I won't be able to breathe... just Um wake me up or something" she says running her fingers through her hair

"I don't know if I snore." I look at her confused, how would I know that?

"And is that my shirt?" I ask

"How do you not know if you snore? Hasn't anyone ever told you that you do?"

"No one ever sleeps in my bed" I eye her carefully "It sure looks like my shirt.."

"Not even Luke or Kai? Surely one of them has heard you"

"Not that I know of," I shrug. "When did you manage to take my shirt?"

"I don't remember you snoring when I stayed with you and Ava"

"Is it someone else's shirt?" I persist

"but then again I did fall asleep first so that could still mean that you snore" she continues, deflecting my questions

"Not that I mind, you can keep it"

"I can always tell you if you snore"

"You could've just asked me for one"

"That's if I don't fall asleep first again"

"It is mine. isn't it?"

"I probably will though because I'm tired but if I read, then I can stay up to tell you"

"It suits you" I give in trying to question her

"It does, doesn't it?" She smiles enthusiastically, looking down at the shirt, holding out the bottom to show me

"Come here" I move to the end of the bed, pulling her into my body.

"You're not mad?" She looks up at me