ELEVEN

•×•

"Kim Taehyung, the Fate Reader." Seokjin stated as he takes a huge sigh. "Taehyung was just a kid who's obsessed with psychology, astrology, spirituality, and anything that has connection to understanding humans. He's a unique boy who was not understood by his parents that's why he always wondered if he's normal or not — that being the reason for him to try and understand everything around him."

"Later on, he also studied tarot cards. He was doing a great job as an empath and a tarot reader for a long time until he bumped into Jungkook." Hoseok continued the tail tell. "He said he could see goodness in him despite his dark aura. Taehyung followed Jungkook around till he got himself involved in our world. He found happiness here, he found people who did not make him feel misunderstood, and so... He wanted to help."

Ami did not blink the whole time she's listening, but somehow... A Fate Reader? She don't know what good would it bring to a group of gangsters. "Spying? A fate reader as a spy? How does that help?" She asked with confusion contorting her face.

Seokjin shook his head. "Taehyung... Everyone thinks he's a useless doe. That he can't do anything but just read about your future and give advices for your current situation, but that's not all. Like we said, he's excessively passionate about learning people. Taehyung is not just a normal Fate Reader — he makes up your fate."

"Wha—" Ami could not even finish as Seokjin beat her to it.

"He's very manipulative. One look, one glance, he'd already figured you out. He already knows who's side you're in or what purpose do you have in life. His eyes catches all of your body language and with just staring at you for a short second he'll know what your life would be, he'd be able to write a five paper essay about you." Seokjin smirked seeing astonishment contort Ami's face. "When Taehyung became a part of us, he said he can't just stay here and observe everything from a far. That's why, two years ago... He was sent to Violet Star as the president's personal Fate Reader. He made a name in the tarot industry and he's one of the best out there that the president didn't take much time to think, he decided to take Taehyung in without learning where he came from. No one in the Blue House new about him, they don't even suspect him as someone who can fight, or someone who can harm them."

Ami put one and one together. Everything that's not making sense everything they're on the move started falling on the right places. Like the puzzle she have in mind is finally complete. "So you're telling me that Taehyung has been our Intel all this time? Mustafa's nest... No evidence in the Blue House... The one who helped Jungkook be a kidnap victim... And the one who sent you my location—"

"It's all him." Hoseok confirmed. "He's also the one helping me take the abandoned children away from death. Taehyung was in charge of killing them, but instead Taehyung gives the children to us."

Taehyung's existence brought clarity to everything. Ami at first didn't know what to make out of the things that is happening, but as she stare at the four people inside the said room, she realizes how dedicated and amazing these people are around her. She can't help but feel the pressure just hit her now. Her gaze turned back to Jungkook who still remains unmoved on his spot. He maybe present physically but she knows that his mind is somewhere else.

Ami slowly approached him and carefully sat right beside him. She nudge him, "Hey."

She did not receive any reply from the said man. His eyes still sad and broken as if he could not understand what the hell is going on. It makes Ami sad, seeing him lost and looking incapable. She looked around them, Namjoon and Seokjin working on the flashdrive she gave, Hoseok on his phone while skimming some files. She again look at Jungkook who's alive, but looks lifeless... She put a hand on his shoulder, trying to grab his attention.