TWENTY-THREE

•×•

It's been three days.

Ami feel like her head will burst out open by this time.

Apparently, after her video call with her mother who's currently in Los Angeles, she took a short nap and decided to look for Jungkook the next morning only to find the guy avoiding her once again. She thought they could talk about what happened that night, but she was greeted by a more ruder and colder version of Jungkook leaving her thinking to herself that Jungkook again used her to get off. Maybe those gentle smile he gave me after the sex were just part of his fuck boy act. She sighs to herself, hurt by the idea that she again let the boy in her pants like she's an easy lady.

From across the room Ami kept glancing at Jungkook. Apparently they have a new mission and that is to find where exactly Min Yoonji is and whatever is the truth behind her abduction.

"I need Ami to keep Sangpil busy as Jungkook and Yoongi goes secretly inside Raven Scale's lair." Hoseok mentioned the plan once again.

Jungkook and Yoongi exchanged knowing glances, but when Yoongi smiled at Ami, Jungkook looked away and did not pay her anymore attention even after the meeting was dismissed and Namjoon was already talking to the three of them about the items he'd let them use during this expedition. It was easy to make Ami understand that it became more awkward for the both of them.

As Ami sat inside her car with Yoongi on the passenger seat and Jungkook at the backseat with his earphones. Ami let out a sigh of disappointment, she couldn't even hold an eye contact through the rearview mirror.

Yoongi raises a brow, he has been noticing the two getting more distant each passing day. Hell, he didn't even know about what happened, or if something happened again between the two — it's just that every time the whole team gathers up, they don't exchange any interaction at all... And this time it was so obvious, Jungkook won't spare Ami a quick glance.

"What's up with you?" Yoongi asked.

Ami groaned. "Nothing, Yoongi."

Yoongi shrugged. "Whatever, just don't let it get into you too much or this assignment will be shitty."

××

Ami greeted Sangpil with a huge smile. "Hello, it's nice to finally meet you. The last time we visited your home, you weren't around." She tried her best to act as confident as she could around the tall intimidating man.

Sangpil smiled tepidly, it did not even reach his eyes. He sat opposite her in this small cafe where Ami nervously gave Taehyung from the other side of the cafe a small nod.

"Let's make this quick, Ms. Bong." Sangpil stated in a baritone voice as soon as he place his order. "I didn't like how my home was involved in Hansel's business, and now even if he was caught — he still have the nerve to include my name and address once again."

Ami gave him a short nod. "I know... But Hansel mentioned quite a few interesting things that makes me want to ask you personally... Those information sounds absurd to my ears."