TWENTY-FIVE

•×•

"But you were wrong to assume that I will reject you, because as much as I didn't want to admit it, I'm in love with you, too." Jungkook finally said as he stare at her glossed eyes.

It was wrong for Ami to assume that after Jungkook's confession, everything will be left in an awkward silence. She and Jungkook was never closed and she do not know what to say after this sweet words that she did not expect to hear from the said man. Fortunately, she didn't have to think of what else to say when Jungkook's hand are suddenly at the back of her neck and in a heartbeat — his lips envelopes her own with warmth and want.

Ami's eyes instinctively fluttering close as she dwell on the feeling of his soft lips urging her own to reciprocate the touch. It was different again... The kiss was so soft and filled with just innocence and clarity. Ami always thought she knew what a kiss full of love is until she felt Jungkook's kiss. His kisses was definitely more passionate, intimate, loving and full of want and meaning.

When they break away from each other, her heart booms inside her chest as she lays her eyes on the graceful smile that adorned Jungkook's cherry red lips. "This is crazy but... I want you — can you be mine?" He breathed.

Ami bit her bottom lip. Her eyes meeting his seeking gaze as her heart continues to hammer inside her and the pit of her stomach churning with so many swirling emotions. She sharply nod her head, still feeling fuzzy and mind full of disbelief. Somehow, she's anticipating Jungkook to smirk and finally laugh at her face — telling her that all of this is an absurd joke, but no... He only shows a genuine happy smile on his lips as he drop his body on hers, hugging her as his nose dives into the crevice of her neck. "I'm happy — I don't understand..." He murmurs, not being able to contain the smile on his lips that Ami could feel ghosting on her feverish skin.

"I am too... Don't worry, I think we're just both finding it hard to believe." She assures him, finally letting her arms wrapped around his thin waist.

Not long enough, their talk was interrupted by Seokjin hollering on the halls. His loud continoues babbles and complain waking up everyone. Curious about what's going on, Ami and Jungkook walked out of the room and trudge their way to Seokjin and Hoseok's shared place. Immediately seeing two men carrying a large desk and trying their very best to assemble it into one piece.

"What's this?" Jungkook asked. His hands unconsciously intertwined with Ami's that Seokjin's eyes did not fail to notice but disregarded it for now.

Seokjin rolled his eyes. "This table is the one I've ordered last week... It arrived today, but doesn't look the same as the one I purchased. Like, look at this! It's grey! I thought I ordered white?!" He ranted again, hurting the ears of the people assembling it.

"Why didn't you return it, though?" Jungkook scoffed at Seokjin's unnecessary loudness.

Seokjin grunted. "Because there's strictly no cancellation or option for me to return it or else they'll ban me from the store."

"Then shut up! It's night — you'll end up waking the whole tower!" Jungkook bombarded slapping the back of Seokjin's head making Ami and Namjoon chuckling. They are the people that Seokjin woken up because of his unnecessary fussing about a simple change of color.

When the men stood up and placed the table where Seokjin wanted, they bade a polite goodbye. Ami took notes of their features, but it was impossible to see their face clearly as one of them do not only just wear a baseball cap but also a black mask. She tries to peek at his eyes instead, only to have the man quickly turning away from her. Rude. She mumbled under her breath when the two men walked out of Seokjin and Hoseok's floor.