Five

POV-Reggie

I woke up on top of Luke, but chose not to move. I was too comfortable and this was everything I wanted. Kind of. I would much rather do it while we're both awake and him be okay with it. I kept my eyes closed, just enjoying the moment. Taking in his scent. He still smelled like his cologne even though it's definitely been about 24 hours since he put it on last.

Luke began moving in his sleep, like a normal person, but I quickly realized that he wasn't sleeping anymore when he began playing with my hair. It took everything in me to not start smiling. I loved this. Knowing he was awake and he wasn't throwing me off of him was great. I felt loved for the first time in a long time. I couldn't help it anymore, I let myself smile. And I knew as soon as I did, Luke would know I was awake. But oh well, he made me too happy.

"Well, Good morning, love," Luke laughed.

I turned my head and rested my chin on the back of my hands. My smile faded to a confused expression.

"What's the look for?" he smiled as he spoke.

"You called me 'love'" I pointed out.

"What's your point?" He asked.

"Nothing," I said as my smile returned.

He continued playing with my hair. We just laid like that for what felt like hours. It wasn't awkward at all. He stared into my eyes, and I stared into his. Admiring his beauty. His eyes were mostly light brown with hints of green here and there. Therefore hazel eyes. Which I found to be my favorite color for eyes. His facial features were also perfect. His face was symmetrical. Neither eye was bigger than the other. His nose fit his face perfectly, and his cheeks were slightly rosey. His lips were pink and looked very kissable. I really wanted to kiss him again, but didn't want to ruin the moment or friendship we had.

"Can we talk?" Luke suddenly broke the silence.

"Uhm, sure," I agreed. "About what?"

"Last night," he said.

"What about it?" I asked as I memorized the details on his face.

He smiled. "Can you sit up?"

I did as I was told, I just made it my own. He only asked me to sit up, so of course, I did. But I'm assuming he wanted me off of him. So I sat on his thighs, not wanting to get off yet. He sat up and leaned back on his arms. Smiling as he realized I wasn't moving any further.

"You're such a dork," he laughed. I smiled at him. "Anyways, you kissed me last night. Can we talk about that?"

My smile faded. "What about it?"

"Did you mean it?" he asked. "Or did you do it to piss your dad off?"

"You kissed back," I pointed out. "Did you mean it?"

Luke began to blush a deep shade of red. I loved making him blush.

"Yeah," he whispered in a low decibel. I almost didn't hear him.

"Good," I smiled softly. "So did I."

We sat in silence after that. Neither of us knew what to do next. I had so much to say and ask, but no words to speak. I didn't want to accidentally say something to fuck everything up like I always do. I really wanted him to speak first, but he seemed to be deep in thought. That's when I realized I had the perfect thing to say.

"Don't mean to press my luck, but," I sang, "for me this ain't enough. I don't want some overrated lukewarm love. Are we this, or are we that? Second-guessing every second, second-guessing every laugh. How long are we gonna do this dance? Tired of all the "Will they? Won't they?" romance. When you hold my hand, is it just by chance? It's like we got two left feet. 'Round in circles we step in repeat. Yet, when we pull in close our lips they never meet."