Thirteen

POV-Reggie

God, I hate my middle name. But everything that followed made me feel a little better. Luke was being so pure and honest. I loved every moment of it. I still hurt, though. That’s not something that’s just going to disappear.

He pulled me into a tight hug when he finished speaking. I rested my head on his shoulder and hugged him back, still unable to stop the river of tears. I was shaking from trying to calm myself down. Luke kissed my forehead and ran his fingers through my hair. I smiled a weak smile, enjoying his loving gestures. I wish we could stay like this forever. Just me and him. Forever. With no Julie or laws. Just us.

“I love you, too,” I finally mumbled into his shoulder, taking deep, shaky breaths to try to stop crying.

We heard the door open, but Luke didn’t let me go and I didn’t move either.

“Luke?” April whispered. “Is Reggie ok?”

Luke nodded, but seconds later I felt the little girl’s small arms wrap around my arm. I smiled at her and sat up, pulling her into a hug before returning to my original position with Luke. Now I was in Luke’s arms, and April was in mine, right between Luke and I. I felt so safe and secure at this moment. I never wanted to let it go. Everything felt so perfect. But all good things must come to an end, right?

POV-Luke

A loud knock disturbed my moment with my love and our child that’s not our child. I chose to ignore it knowing Reggie needed me more than whoever was at the door, but they kept knocking harder and harder. I sighed, letting go of Reggie and instantly missing his touch. I placed a kiss on his cheek before going to get the door. I swear to God if it isn’t Mrs. Harvey or Alex, whoever is on the other side is getting a fucking knuckle sandwhich.

I opened the door and really did almost punch a bitch. There, looking more annoyed than ever, stood fucking Julie Molina. I heard Reggie close the bedroom door, but I didn’t bother to look over my shoulder so I had no idea if he was watching or hiding.

I crossed my arms as I stared at her, “What do you want?”

“To talk,” she shrugged. “Move.”

The woman tried to push past me, but I stepped in front of her. “No. You don’t get to just invite yourself in. This is my home. Not yours.”

“May I please come in?” she asked with an attitude.

I rolled my eyes, but stepped out of the way since I had to tell her about Reggie and I anyway because I really hated hurting him and the sooner she knew, the sooner she’d get off of me or even out of the band. I finally turned around after she walked in and saw Reggie holding April right outside our bedrom door. I smiled a reasurring smile towards him, but he looked at me with pain lingering in his red, puffy eyes.

“Hey, Reggie,” Julie greeted Reggie while barely giving him a glance. “Are you high?”

“Watch it, Julie,” I remarked, already irritated with her presence. “There’s a kid in the room.”

“Right,” she rolled her eyes.

Julie sat at the piano bench, April wiggled her way out of Reggie’s arms and on to Alex’s drum seat since she thought we were about to practice. I sat down on the couch and Reggie quickly joined me, sitting so close to me he could practically be on top of me. I wouldn’t mind if he was on me, though. I miss the contact anyways. Julie stared at me. Every second she stared, I found something else to look at. The wall, a picture, the floor, April, my lap, Reggie, anything but her. Reggie, however, was staring at me expectantly. Not sure what he was expecting. I didn’t know how to tell Julie about us and she’s the one who wanted to talk so she can start the conversation.