Twenty

POV-Luke

We finished our dessert, which was just a large chocolate sundae that Reggie and I shared. Tiffany continued to be a jackass all night so I left her a pretty poor tip. Reggie was eager to leave, but also hesitant. I can't count how many times he's kissed me since we got here. He's been beyond clingy and this fantasy we've created is one we both want to last forever. Holding his hand for others to see, kissing his lips in front of people beyond our family, and being able to just love him openly is something I've dreamed about forever.

Once we left, our fantasy was broken. No one was out, though, even the sun was setting. Reggie dragged me to the beach. He led me all the way to the water, then into a cave along the edge of the ocean. Everything in the cave was lit up in pinks and oranges from the setting sun, and the water was just as beautiful as the sky. But my favorite site was the boy sitting in front of me.

"I got you a gift, too," Reggie said, his voice echoing through the cave quietly.

"What'd you get me?" I asked curiously.

"I wrote something, just for you," he replied.

"Oh," I said, surprised. "And you finished it?"

"I didn't want to give up on this one," Reggie smiled as he sat me down on a rock and walked away.

He pulled out his acoustic guitar from behind a rock on the other side of the cave. I smiled as he quickly tuned it and told me not to judge if it sucks, to listen to the lyrics because he means them, and to shut up.

He began playing the first few chords. Then stopped, and restarted.

"Top down in a coupe, driving to you, something's in the air," his angelic voice rang quietly through the air and echoed slightly around us. "Walking up to your stoop, anxious in mood, runnin' a comb through my hair.

You open the door, after one look I need more. All I could do is stare. You smile polite say 'boy, you got a light.' Oh, you must be something rare. You brought me inside, my thoughts I can't hide, but you act like you don't care. We got all night to do the wrongs that feel right, but the truth is I wouldn't dare.

I'm out of my depth with you in that suit. Babe you don't make it fair. I try to act cool, but who am I tryin' fool? Might be in need of a prayer. 'Cause, baby, you're a classic. Driving me crazy, you're like magic. Casting spells on me, I'm bewitched by your lips. I've never met anybody else like this, 'cause they're all modern, but, baby, you're a vintage hit.

Effortless chic, like an antique. Baby, you're one of a kind. Modern flare with that sixties hair. You're a boy out of time. Rich or poor, I don't see how I'd need more. With you I'll always have a dime. Well, I;ve been blessed, God answers prayers, I guess, 'cause otherwise you;d never be mine.

Baby, you're a classic. Driving me crazy, you're like magic. Casting spells on me, I'm bewitched by your kiss. I've never met anybody else like this, 'cause they're all modern, but, baby, you're a vintage hit.

Oh, Lord, I must be over the moon! 'Cause I ain't on Earth when I'm dancing with you. Just to hold your hand means so much more than a kiss from anyone I've kissed before.

'Cause, baby, you're a classic, driving me crazy. You're like magic, casting spells on me. I'm bewitched by your kiss. I've never met anybody else like this.

'Cause, baby, you're a classic! You drive me crazy! You're my magic, cast your spell on me!I'm bewitched by your kiss! I've never met anybody else like this. 'Cause they're all modern, but, baby, you're a vintage hit."

"Holy shit," I huffed out after the last chord echoed through the cave. I'm not surprised my boyfriend was able to write such a beautiful song, I'm more surprised by the fact that he's not crying like I am.

"I love you," Reggie came over and kissed me after he set his guitar down.

"I love you, too, Reggie," I pulled him into a hug and cried tears of pure happiness into his shoulder.

He hugged me back and everything was perfect. Nothing could ruin anything. Willie and Alex seemed happy when we left, I have the love of my life holding me after singing a song about me that ended as the sun disappeared beyond the horizon. Everything fell so perfectly into place.

It sucks that his song will never get to be heard by anyone except us, but at the same time, I'm glad it's only heard by us. Makes it more special. I finally fully understand why Reggie likes keeping his songs private. They build value.

Him and I laid in the cave for a few hours before we decided we better head back home. The streets were empty as we walked. No passing cars, no people, most of the lights were out in apartments.

"Remember the night Julie kissed me?" I asked Reggie.

"I try not to, but yeah," Reggie admitted.

"Remember what I said after your song?" I kicked a rock on the ground.

"No?" Reggie questioned as he stopped walking.

We were between lights, so we stood in a shadow. Thankfully.

"I said that I would kiss you in public," I reminded my love.

"Oh yeah," Reggie smiled as he recalled our conversation.

I walked over to Reggie and pulled him close to me by his belt loops. Our faces were inches apart.
"We're in public now," I whispered to him before closing the space between us.

The kiss was short, but amazing per usual. Kissing him in public (not at a gay bar), even if there was no public, is just a cherry on top of this perfect day.

We pulled away and his face was flushed red. I smiled and we continued our walk home. We walked in, half expecting the Harveys to still be there, but they were gone. So was Flynn. Reggie was tired, so I tucked him into bed because he's a child sometimes before going to check on Alex.

I closed our bedroom door, Reggie was already out. Then I walked down the hall to Alex's room and opened the door quietly. I scanned the room and saw rose petals and candles quite literally everywhere. I instantly regretted being a good friend for once. On the bed, though hard to see, was Alex and Willie. Thankfully they were under the covers, sleeping, so I didn't walk in on anything. I quickly and quietly shut the door and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I rushed back to my room and cuddled up next to Reggie, my only thoughts being about the boy in my arms and everything we've done since we met.

This feels right.

Authors note: this is not the end. I'm not sure how many more chapters are coming but there will be more!