Six

⚠homophobic slurs⚠

POV-Alex

I knocked on the door as loud as I could. I guess it wasn't quite knocking as I was pounding. I kind of felt like a policeman. The door opened soon after I knocked. I was greeted by Luke, who was smiling like an idiot. I pulled him into a tight hug, which he quickly pushed me out of. That's when I saw Reggie behind him. I shoved past Luke and gave Reggie the same hug I gave Luke. Reggie returned the hug instead of pushing me off.

I let go of the thin boy and turned to Luke, "Why can't you be like him?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Luke asked, mock offended.

"He hugs me back," I pointed out.

Luke rolled his eyes. I just smiled at him. "So I take it you're both safe?"

I examined the two. Neither of them seemed hurt. They both seemed wide awake and both much happier than when I left them yesterday. At least they got sleep. I looked around the room. There was only one unmade bed.

"Yeah," Reggie replied. "How'd you get here so quick?"

"This motel is literally a two minute walk from my house," I explained.

"We did walk in a lot of circles yesterday, Reggie," Luke said, looking at Reggie while he sat in a chair beside the TV.

"Oh," he shrugged as he sat on the bed. "I slept through half of it."

"Yeah," Luke said with attitude. "I know."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "What?"

"Reggie can explain," Luke laughed.

"I was tired, so I made Luke carry me," Reggie said as it was obvious.

I smirked. "Oh really?"

"It was, like, 1 AM," Reggie argued.

"And you agreed?" I asked Luke.

"Of course," Luke smiled.

I nodded. "Well, I'm meeting up with Willie later. So I need some sleep. Glad to know you're both okay. But next time, call me as soon as you're safe. Got it?"

"Oh yeah," Reggie sarcastically replied. "Next time we're wandering the streets for hours on end without you we'll be sure to tell you as soon as we find a nice place to sleep."

"How else am I supposed to know you're safe?" I asked him.

"Assume I didn't kill Reggie," Luke explained to me, "and instead took care of him since he's clearly the baby of the group."

"Just because I'm the youngest by a couple months doesn't mean shit!" Reggie argued with Luke.

"And on that note," I interrupted, "I'm going to get some rest before I meet with Willie."

Luke and Reggie both gave me their farewells. I gave them each a big hug before leaving, telling them to be safe. Luke actually gave me a hug this time. I made my home. I couldn't wait to see Willie. It's been a day and I already miss his cute face. I remember the time I first met him. He literally ran me over. And as soon as he took his helmet off I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was just so perfect. He was funny, creative, cute, and strong. He's everything I look for and more.

I arrived home and my dad was on the couch. I sighed as I made my way to my room. I loved being home, but hated it so much. Ever since I accidentally told my mom about Willie, nothing's been the same. She told my dad and my dad and I had a long talk about why I shouldn't love another man. I didn't listen, of course. But the conversation did happen. They both know I still hang out with Willie, they just stopped caring. And they're never going to meet him. He means too much to me for me to do that to him. Just like Reggie is never coming back here. My dad made that clear last night when I asked if they could spend the night. It went something like this...